Possibilities in modding

Klaleara

So, I sadly got laid off, and now have a ton of time on my hand. And would like to keep my mind active, so I'm considering modding the hell out of Skyrim.

However, out of people experienced with Oblivion (Assuming the modding tools will be about the same).

I'm curious about a few things. I'm thinking of playing around with a land owning mod, resources, going against several other factions. So say a city has a mine, it sends ore to your main base.

Is it possible to say, have an NPC deliver ore to a chest. THen you choose to upgrade a building, only if the required amount of ore is in the chest.

Is it possible to add simple statistic and %'s. Say, you send 10 troops, against 8. Each troop has a 30% chance to die, if all their troops die before yours, you win.

I'll add more questions if they come up.

Very possible. Scripting would actually be minimal too since the AI should take care of most of it.

As for the other stuff... You can't really give them a "30%" chance to die, but you can set how powerful the different soldiers are, which would have the same effect.

Edited by Thepal