Zenimax Calling Copyright on Youtube?

l1nkown

Apparently for some odd reason, Youtube decided to have my video "Skyrim Killable Children" video as the first result when you search "Skyrim Mods". So i'm guessing, Zenimax (publishers of skyrim) didn't want a mod of killing children to represent modding, so they decided to take it down for copyright infringement. I wasn't the only one that made a video of killing children, but mine was taken down because it was the most easily searched for on Youtube.

Let's be honest here, did Zenimax take down the video because it was footage of their game, or because they didn't like people seeing that mod? I'm guessing the latter.

I mean has anyone ever had a video of gameplay footage taken down, by the game's publisher?

If I get another Skyrim video taken down, Youtube can ban my account permanently.

Its actually still watchable here:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=774

go to the video section.

But on youtube its taken down.

Edited by l1nkown

I don't find a problem with taking it down. I don't have any problem with the mod either, but I think we should all respect Bethesda's wish to remove it since they gave us this awesome game. They should have the right to control their publicity a little.

I think the idea of someone wanting to kill children even if its "just a game" is sick.

However giving children godmode ability just so players cant kill them is a bit silly as well. They should be killable as a matter of course. If they run in front of a rampaging dragon and get torched, they should die. If a war breaks out and there are children on the battlefield running from the invaders, they should run the risk of getting killed by said invaders.

Of course that would raise the game to an M rating for sure. Especially if necromancers could raise children from the dead...

As for the subject of the thread, if Zenimax and/or Bethesda finds a video or something of that like, objectionable they have every right to have it taken down. It's there property not yours. You just bought the rights to have it installed on your computer.

I am pretty sure that that uploading a video of copyrighted material in the form of gameplay falls under fair use.

If anything, they would take it down because killing children could be seen as questionable content, which neither youtube nor Zenimax might want to be affiliated or seen with.

I think the idea of someone wanting to kill children even if its "just a game" is sick.

oh please... they are pixels get over it! I get just as sick when i think about what people are doing with all their nude mods :whistling:

I love slaughtering children with my evil character... unfortunately all they do when you resurrect them is run away and hide instead of helping fight :( Thanks so much for making this mod though :D. Maybe you could expand this mode to killable quest characters because its so annoying not being able ever finish them off.

I also think its pretty retarded them taking down the video its not like you're profiting from the video in anyway. you should see the SOPA bill they are trying to pass through giving corporations the power to completely limit any access to uploading any game videos/streams and even the power to shutdown websites that fail to do exactly what they say.

Edited by yurgrandma