Beth messed up our elves!

Lehcar

Ok, so I have to say something. I'm not trying to make someone boohoo over it, but this isn't Bethesda's fault. A lot of things aren't in my mind, but this deals with artistic design, which for better or worse can't be wrong ever. And I know the thread is old, but it's still here either way.

They didn't make Elves to fit some people's desire. Modders fixed nothing, they may have made them appealing to some, but Bethesda made Elves that way because it's how they're supposed to be. Did modders do a good job? Sure, so don't think I'm putting down anyone's work in anyway. But that goes for Bethesda as well. How can the concept artists and modelers and whoever else signed off on it at Bethesda have made them so terribly without noticing? Because they aren't terrible, and it's just how they deicided they'd appear this time. It's the same as downloading an image of the Mona Lisa and adding eyebrows. I have nothing against that, if you want her to have eyebrows for some reason, that's fine, but it wasn't fixed. Art and artistic decisions just can't be fixed.

Like I said, I'm not trying to insult anyone or whatever, but I see Bethesda blamed so often for anything and everything, so much that I wouldn't be surprised if they were blamed for someone's real life dog running away. Other than bugs, not much else if anything is really "fixable" or "wrong" in Skyrim, and while I'd love to go over those too (if I even knew where to start), art especially isn't wrong.

For the record, I do like Skyrim's elves, they're not the same "old school" design used in most elf depictions, in my opinion, but I don't think the old school/typical elf style is wrong either. Just not my taste. So, yeah, there's my opinion on it. Not meant offensively in anyway.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic