Enchantment/alchemy loop question.

NicoRD

I've been reading a lot about how you can repeat this cycle until you have very strong enchanted items, so I decided to give it a try. I quick lvl'ed my alchemy/enchanting and smithing by adding some nice items to my inv then just creating the most expensive things I could until I had maxed out the classes and added any necessary perks. My problem is that I can't seem to get it to work, I've noticed in this youtube vid

that his first set of alchemy gear (no potion used) yields a 25% increase. When I attempt this I only receive a 20% bump. In my attempt the best enchantment potion I could make was a +28%, with both +21% and +22% alchemy gear respectively. Did I miss something? Do I have to learn all the enchantments, even the one's I don't want? Did the way I lvl'ed the skill affect anything?

My apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched and searched for days now for an answer.

Thanks!

Edited by NicoRD

I've been reading a lot about how you can repeat this cycle until you have very strong enchanted items, so I decided to give it a try. I quick lvl'ed my alchemy/enchanting and smithing by adding some nice items to my inv then just creating the most expensive things I could until I had maxed out the classes and added any necessary perks. My problem is that I can't seem to get it to work, I've noticed in this youtube vid

that his first set of alchemy gear (no potion used) yields a 25% increase. When I attempt this I only receive a 15% bump. In my attempt the best enchantment potion I could make was a +28%, with both +21% and +22% alchemy gear respectively. Did I miss something? Do I have to learn all the enchantments, even the one's I don't want? Did the way I lvl'ed the skill affect anything?

My apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched and searched for days now for an answer.

Thanks!

You probably don't have 5 points in the very first skills of the tree, which increase the strength of everything created.

You probably don't have 5 points in the very first skills of the tree, which increase the strength of everything created.

Thanks for the help, but I do have 5/5 in the first perks for both enchantment and alchemy. I wish it was something that simple.

Edit: I'm gonna go gain another lvl and check to make sure I can't add anymore to one of those perks, I hope I'm mistaken but both say 5/5.

Edited by NicoRD

Thanks for the help, but I do have 5/5 in the first perks for both enchantment and alchemy. I wish it was something that simple.

Edit: I'm gonna go gain another lvl and check to make sure I can't add anymore to one of those perks, I hope I'm mistaken but both say 5/5.

Do you have the Benefactor perk for potions? It increases beneficial effects on potions by 25%. I think this applies to Fortify Skill potions. Also, Insightful Enchanter on the Enchanting tree does the same thing, adds 25% to all skill bonuses for enchanted items.

Make sure you're enchanting fast enough, too, the potion ticks down 30 seconds after you leave your inventory and WILL run out while you're working, it doesn't pause the timer while you're at the table.

Do you have the Benefactor perk for potions? It increases beneficial effects on potions by 25%. I think this applies to Fortify Skill potions. Also, Insightful Enchanter on the Enchanting tree does the same thing, adds 25% to all skill bonuses for enchanted items.

Make sure you're enchanting fast enough, too, the potion ticks down 30 seconds after you leave your inventory and WILL run out while you're working, it doesn't pause the timer while you're at the table.

I've covered all those bases as well. I realize these are the most common mistakes, however I've researched this enough to be following guides and doing all of these standard things. I wouldn't have my posted this question here if I wasn't sure I had done all these things correctly and searched for a solution first. Still thank you for offering your help!

I've covered all those bases as well. I realize these are the most common mistakes, however I've researched this enough to be following guides and doing all of these standard things. I wouldn't have my posted this question here if I wasn't sure I had done all these things correctly and searched for a solution first. Still thank you for offering your help!

Then the only thing I can think of (have never done it myself) is: can you make stacked Fortify Enchant potions? IE use 3 ingredients with the Fortify Enchant property to make a more powerful potion? Just throwing it out :/

Then the only thing I can think of (have never done it myself) is: can you make stacked Fortify Enchant potions? IE use 3 ingredients with the Fortify Enchant property to make a more powerful potion? Just throwing it out :/

Naw they don't stack that way.