Dragon that won't attack?

Lehcar

So, flying around near the Nightgate Inn is a dragon... but for some reason it refuses to attack me, no matter what I do I can't seem to get its attention, all it wants to do is endlessly fly around in circles.

Also, strangely, nearby there's a lone giant that keeps wanting to kill me even though I don't have my weapon drawn.

Anyone else had this happen? Are all dragons supposed to want to kill you, or are there meant to be some that are actually neutral? Could this simply be a non hostile dragon, or is it a script mixup?

I wish more of the creatures were like that. It's more realistic, rather than having every creature automatically attack you no matter what (like in Oblivion and Morrowind). With the dragons, I think it makes it more suspenseful and challenging, since you never know when they're going to land and try to murder you, or whether they'd rather eat a nice cow somewhere else and leave you alone ...

A nice cow? Lol. Yum!

I'm always afraid the dragon will kill my horse. I lost my first horse that way and didn't even realize it until I was too advanced to reload a saved game and save him. :(

So, when I see a dragon, I hide my horse somewhere in the opposite direction and then I will run after it and keep shouting at it until it attacks.

The dragon that is flying around in circles and wont attack you and the just goes away is Alduin,he is searching dragon graves to bring other dragon in life,happend to me once and i manage to see that is him since i was on the mountain fighting blood dragon and then Alduin came and raised another one because i was fighting him near other dragon grave,then i had to take both dragons down and Alduin just fled...