Can you run a script from the console in game

chambcra

What I mean is in the game hit the tilde key and type something like:

run scriptname

exec scriptname

or something like that.

I've been searching for days and I've only found one person who asked and didn't get an answer. It seems like something that would be possible but the idea of it doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks

In the console you can't use the command Call to execute functions, but you can simulate it with a quest and the command SetStage:

Create a quest (example: "myFnQuest"), enable "Allow repeated stages" and add a stage (example: stage 10)

In the stage, create a new stage item (above, where your read "Log entry") and add the code you need in the "Result script".

In the Result script you can even use the command Call to execute some function script. This effectively bypass the above Call limitation.

Now, in the console, you can type:

SetStage myFnQuest 10

This will run the Result script of stage 10 (and can be repeated, thanks to the "Allow repeated stages").

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're not talking about the console (gaming computer created by Sony/Microsoft/etc...).

We're talking about the console (debug menu you can open with ~ and where you can read debug messages or write command to execute on the fly).

Edited by forli