Is it even worth using the Nexus Mod Manager yet...?

Squall429

I have tried it over 10 times to enable the Jump Higher mod and when I launch Skyrim's Launcher from the Mod Manager and load my game, IT NEVER WORKS! I've tried both Jump mods, and I see them in the launcher AND I enable them but it doesn't DO anything. I modded the s*** out of Oblivion so I know what I'm doing... but then again.. I dunno. Someone please help me, this is seriously irritating.

Thanks in Advance.

I have tried it over 10 times to enable the Jump Higher mod and when I launch Skyrim's Launcher from the Mod Manager and load my game, IT NEVER WORKS! I've tried both Jump mods, and I see them in the launcher AND I enable them but it doesn't DO anything. I modded the s*** out of Oblivion so I know what I'm doing... but then again.. I dunno. Someone please help me, this is seriously irritating.

Thanks in Advance.

They only tell you what to change in the ini, You have to do it your self, But the modloader has been working perfectly fine for me, not one problem

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, but you still have to install some manually. The NMM is still helpful for those though, since if you download the mod using it then the NMM will let you know when there are updates. Just don't click the checkbox for those ones (as NMM will throw useless files in the Data folder)

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, but you still have to install some manually. The NMM is still helpful for those though, since if you download the mod using it then the NMM will let you know when there are updates. Just don't click the checkbox for those ones (as NMM will throw useless files in the Data folder)

So you mean... the ones that I install manually to NOT check off on the mods tab and just check off the ESP?

Can someone tell me what it means when there is a yellow triangle exclamation mark beside the authors name in the manager?

I've checked, the files seems to have been installed correctly.

Edited by symphoni

So you mean... the ones that I install manually to NOT check off on the mods tab and just check off the ESP?

For manual install ones, just download it using the NMM, the zip file will be put into the mods folder, then manually extract the files and put them where they need to be. If they use an ESP then yeah, you'll need to check that.

Thanks in Advance.

Jump Higher, seem to hold more than one .esp file (and you can ONLY install one, so maybe if you installed more than one of the .esp files they course conflicts with each other.

If you in fact did install the Jump Higher mod manually and still can't get it to work you probably need to go have a look at this video:

Can someone tell me what it means when there is a yellow triangle exclamation mark beside the authors name in the manager?

I've checked, the files seems to have been installed correctly.

Well to my knowledge this is due to the file not being found within the mod database (site's database), anyway ALL mods I created my self have this yellow triangle & the ones I modified also have it.

My question is this-- if I download mods from other sites( Curse etc) will the NMM detect them? Or how about skyrim nexus mods that i DL'ed before the Mod Manager?

If the mod is an .esp file NMM will detect it, if it's loose files NMM will not detect it.

Yours Truly

Zilvereyes