Possible new capacity bug?

Gawad

Hi, I'm currently in the final phase of a load order setup, adding dungeon and quest mods to Skyrim via NMM. But I've started experiencing CTDs 3 to 4 seconds into any save load when I add any more mods with ESPs to my load order, which currently sits at 237 (including mostly a number of error free patch and follower mods merged using TES5Edit 3.1.1 and the v1.9 merge script).

This includes CTDs when trying to load even a "base save" I use for most of my testing (or its backup). This is a save made outside the cave at Helgen with only the base game, the 3 DLCs and USLEEP active + the High Rez Texture pack and its patch.The thing is I can actually add the mods and not CTD when loading any save, if I disable any (AFAIK) already installed ESPs. Other than that, the game is exceptionally stable in game and butter smooth (except for a temporary FPS drop when it starts to rain). Also, Task Manager reports Skyrim uses only 900MB to 1.2GB on launch.

My game is LOOTed, SPinied, Crash Fixed (v 11 with OSAllocators enabled), and I use ENB with the recommended settings for Crash Fixes.

In a sense, this reminds me of the String Count limit bug, but it's not the saves themselves that are affected. It's almost like running into some kind of other hardcoded bottleneck.

EXAMPLE

Ading Qaxe Questorium as the 238th mod with cause this CTD, but if I disable RealShelter or Dovahkriid Grenzganger then I can load saves with Qaxe Questorium enabled. If I then add Volundr I get the same CTD, unless I disable another ESP. That sort of runaround.

SPECS

5960x @ 4.6 (custom water cooled; never goes above 60C with Skyrim)
Single 980ti + single 2GB 560ti
32GB DDR4 @ 2811MHz
2x1TB SSD in RAID0 (System+Steam & Skyrim)
2x1.5TB HDD (extra data drive)
Corsair 1200AX power supply

SKSE CRASH DUMP

Whenever I get this CTD the SKSE crash dump turns up the following, and I'd be especially grateful for any help isolating what mod TESV+27eeb8 refers to (if that is indeed a mod rather than a dll or some other file):

FAULTING_IP:
TESV+27eeb8
0067eeb8 8b16 mov edx,dword ptr [esi]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr 0xffffffffffffffff)
ExceptionAddress: 0067eeb8 (TESV+0x0027eeb8)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 00000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000
Attempt to read from address 00000000

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_POINTER_READ
PROCESS_NAME: TESV.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 00000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000000
READ_ADDRESS: 00000000

This refers to an error in the code in the TESV module on address 0x67eeb8

Ive no idea what the code on that address is, but knowing this information might help

Hi, I'm currently in the final phase of a load order setup, adding dungeon and quest mods to Skyrim via NMM. But I've started experiencing CTDs 3 to 4 seconds into any save load when I add any more mods with ESPs to my load order, which currently sits at 237 (including mostly a number of error free patch and follower mods merged using TES5Edit 3.1.1 and the v1.9 merge script).

This includes CTDs when trying to load even a "base save" I use for most of my testing (or its backup). This is a save made outside the cave at Helgen with only the base game, the 3 DLCs and USLEEP active + the High Rez Texture pack and its patch.The thing is I can actually add the mods and not CTD when loading any save, if I disable any (AFAIK) already installed ESPs. Other than that, the game is exceptionally stable in game and butter smooth (except for a temporary FPS drop when it starts to rain). Also, Task Manager reports Skyrim uses only 900MB to 1.2GB on launch.

My game is LOOTed, SPinied, Crash Fixed (v 11 with OSAllocators enabled), and I use ENB with the recommended settings for Crash Fixes.

In a sense, this reminds me of the String Count limit bug, but it's not the saves themselves that are affected. It's almost like running into some kind of other hardcoded bottleneck.

EXAMPLE

Ading Qaxe Questorium as the 238th mod with cause this CTD, but if I disable RealShelter or Dovahkriid Grenzganger then I can load saves with Qaxe Questorium enabled. If I then add Volundr I get the same CTD, unless I disable another ESP. That sort of runaround.

SPECS

5960x @ 4.6 (custom water cooled; never goes above 60C with Skyrim)

Single 980ti + single 2GB 560ti

32GB DDR4 @ 2811MHz

2x1TB SSD in RAID0 (System+Steam & Skyrim)

2x1.5TB HDD (extra data drive)

Corsair 1200AX power supply

SKSE CRASH DUMP

Whenever I get this CTD the SKSE crash dump turns up the following, and I'd be especially grateful for any help isolating what mod TESV+27eeb8 refers to (if that is indeed a mod rather than a dll or some other file):

FAULTING_IP:

TESV+27eeb8

0067eeb8 8b16 mov edx,dword ptr [esi]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_POINTER_READ

PROCESS_NAME: TESV.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 00000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000000

READ_ADDRESS: 00000000

There are no two installations that are identical................ that being said you need to test your installation and determine where the conflicts are if you're going to run at or near the plug-in limit you need to do some combining of plug-ins in order to maintain stability.
Every time I make a new install I have to go through and test extensively in order to maintain stability.
No one can legitimately troubleshoot your issues without knowing your load order
We also need to know are you running an ENB have you installed ENB boost or shesons patch...
What you're describing is memory allocation issues but if you want help you need to tell us more information.

There are no two installations that are identical................ that being said you need to test your installation and determine where the conflicts are if you're going to run at or near the plug-in limit you need to do some combining of plug-ins in order to maintain stability.
Every time I make a new install I have to go through and test extensively in order to maintain stability.
No one can legitimately troubleshoot your issues without knowing your load order
We also need to know are you running an ENB have you installed ENB boost or shesons patch...
What you're describing is memory allocation issues but if you want help you need to tell us more information.

O.k., hi Reynard and thanks. As noted in the OP, I use ENB so ENBoost is part of the package. Specifically, I'm using RealVision for Climates of Tamriel V with the ENB .305 binaries. Also, I have Sheson's patch installed but it gets superseded by Crash Fix's malloc, set up to work with ENB (i.e., ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false and ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true). I can post my LOOTed load order if you think it might help, but from my own experimentation moving ESPs around isn't breaking this setup, it's more like adding or removing ESPs is pushing the exe over a threshold or bringing it back.

I know that individual ESPs have a maximum number of records they can store; does anyone have any idea if TESV.exe has a maximum number of records it can process for example? Or is that just memory bound? My setup is a sliver under 2.6 million when run through TES5Edit.

This refers to an error in the code in the TESV module on address 0x67eeb8

Ive no idea what the code on that address is, but knowing this information might help

Hi Genamine and thanks. Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that you can use TESVEdit to find where an address like that refers to (and its the same one in every crash dump, so there's definitely a constant) but that bit escapes me right now.

Edited by Gawad

O.k., hi Reynard and thanks. As noted in the OP, I use ENB so ENBoost is part of the package. Specifically, I'm using RealVision for Climates of Tamriel V with the ENB .305 binaries. Also, I have Sheson's patch installed but it gets superseded by Crash Fix's malloc, set up to work with ENB (i.e., ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false and ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true). I can post my LOOTed load order if you think it might help, but from my own experimentation moving ESPs around isn't breaking this setup, it's more like adding or removing ESPs is pushing the exe over a threshold or bringing it back.

I know that individual ESPs have a maximum number of records they can store; does anyone have any idea if TESV.exe has a maximum number of records it can process for example? Or is that just memory bound? My setup is a sliver under 2.6 million when run through TES5Edit.

While the game has been out 4 years and nine-months and SkyRim has been rock solid stable for roughly the last two years if you pay close attention to the Step Project and follow what they said religiously.

The bug fixes That you have installed are new, and are not properly tested.

Stick with the program, or you have half assed implementation.

After reviewing the Real vision requirement you need a 279 binary in order to properly install it.

1. Download ENBSeries v0.279 (enbseries_skyrim_v0279.zip) by clicking here and put it somewhere convenient.

There are basic elements of the step program that deal with proper memory allocation and how to set the ENB initialization files properly.

This entire program is an excellent reference.

If you want stability you pay attention.

Edited by Reynard131