Pickpocketing. Why would a Dragonborn even bother?

LoneVandal

If you think its dumb for your Dragonborn to pickpocket, or blacksmith, or to enchant then .........

simply don't do it LOL!!! Why would you need to create a mod to remove these things when you can simply just choose to no do them.

However i do agree with you about the whole stealing armor from someone (or even their weapon) without them noticing. That is a a bit absurd.

Here's my problem with pickpocketing: It's a percentage chance depending on the item. This turns pickpocketing into "Save, pickpocket, load if caught." That's not exciting, that's boring and tedious. Imagine if lockpicking was a percentage chance to open, otherwise break pick. You just keep spamming the 'attempt to pick' key until you get it.

So... here's what I'd really like to see: Give pickpocketing it's own minigame like lockpicking.

How it plays: The item you wish to pickpocket is at the left side of the play area, and you need to navigate it to the right side. Along the way are two kinds of dots to avoid: Blue dots make you drop the item and have to start over, red dots get you caught. If someone is standing and moving around, the dots slowly move. If they're sleeping/sitting, then the dots stay still.

The pickpocketing perks affect this minigame by shrinking the dots, changing the dot ratio (more blue than red dots with perks), reducing number of dots, or even letting you hit up to a certain number of dots at the high end.

THIS would make me really enjoy pickpocketing, enjoying a little dexterity mini-game. Otherwise there's really no way to effectively level pickpocketing without "Save, attempt, reload"

This is part of the character's backstory thing. Maybe they used to be a petty thief, and it is just what they do. Suddenly this dragonborn thing pops up, but it doesn't mean they suddenly turn into a murderer. If they want some guy's sword, then they would try to steal it, not kill them for it. "Evil Character" is a little too generic. It doesn't work like that.

How absurd it is that Athletics/Acrobatics/Mysticism were removed from the game but pickpocketing was deemed so important that it needed it's own skill separate from sneak.

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj350/pbman66/Photo%20Phight/y-u-no.png

Bethesda y u no make sense?

It just seems so below the status of a godchild to do stuff like that, and even if you used to in your "past life" that doesn't matter at all once the game begins, you immediately go slay a dragon that was wrecking an entire fort and establish yourself as a superhumanoid while eating the soul of said dragon. I would disable blacksmithing and herb gathering / alchemy as well, what the f*** kind of godchild collects cave mushrooms?

Bethesda has already thrust you into the role of the Most Important Person in Skyrim, and it just doesn't make any sense to be wasting your time doing things a common criminal or peasant would be doing to stay alive once you know the entire world is counting on you to continue existing.

The problem is the main storyline making you the Most Important Person in Skyrim who will Save the World, not the fact that pickpocketing is in the game. On the other hand, the main quest line is optional. Perhaps a mod that turns off dragons instead?