Nifs have no collision, falling through static models

BangARang2016

Pixelhate - Hello!

"I've send an attempt to BangARang with the RigidBody converted To RigidBodyT"

That was actually my first thought too when I saw the collision was off to the side!

Only reason I didn't try it in the end was I figured moving it in Blender would be quicker than adjusting the position via Nifskope Transform. :smile:

"and I was about to open the mesh in Blender now."

Yeah, you'd have been able to fix it easily in Blender. It was a straight forward job.
I think I got to the .nif before you, I knew I had to move fast with you on the job. :D

Still wonder why 3D Max would shift the collision to the side on Export.

Another good catch with the texture paths, by the way.

BangARang2016 you may not have set Nifskope to Fallout 3's paths, or you might have just pasted in the full path.

In Nifskope going to Render - Settings - & selecting "Auto Detect Game Paths" will mean selected textures will be virtual paths from now on.

Paths already with the extra bit will need changing like Pixelhate mentioned.

Take care,

Prensa

Edited by prensa

BangARang2016 - Hello!

" thank you for your help"

No problem at all! :smile:

"Did you post the nif's link on this forum? or did you re-up to drive? I've been gone yesterday on family business. I apologize."

No apology needed, I figured you had real world things to deal with & would get back when you were free.

I held off posting, wasn't sure if you want the link here or wanted the files private.

I'll PM them to you now.

Prensa

Edited by prensa

Alright guys, you have helped out immensely! However, I'm Still having trouble.

I know like me, you also have lives outside of this forum, so I'll keep this short. :D

This screenshot from ingame shows the collision geometry after issuing the TCG console command. The geometry IS in the correct place, but scrambled with the floor texture.

Now this is what the model looks like in NifSkope with the Collision in view:

Could this be a float mistake? Or do you have magical PCs from the gods? :sick:

BangARang2016 - Hello!

"you also have lives outside of this forum"

Not much of one actually. :D

"This screenshot from ingame shows the collision geometry after issuing the TCG console command. The geometry IS in the correct place, but scrambled with the floor texture."

Is the collision of the parts that appear "scrambled" working in game?

It's quite possible for collision, when displayed with the model mesh, to appear overlapping.

Vanilla kit pieces also display "scrambled" collision & mesh with TCG command.
Unlike with overlapping mesh faces this does not cause a problem.

The tighter the fit of collision the better, it helps to alleviate the havok object floating just above the surface issue you can sometimes see when placing things on tables etc. .

If the collision is working fine in game of your corrected pieces then don't worry about how it looks when displaying collision & mesh together.

Good to see you've sorted out the collision being shifted to the left on export issue anyway.

Prensa

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a similar Problem but with a Convert Skyrim Model, "user created content of course"

I imported it into 3ds max 2016 as a Skyrim Model then I exported as a Oblivion Model, That made my Model invisible ingame. So I did

Imported the Skyrim model as a Oblivion Model then Exported it as a Oblivion Model and it appears ingame, Just doesn't have a Collision.

DaggerfallTeam - "Imported the Skyrim model as a Oblivion Model then Exported it as a Oblivion Model and it appears ingame, Just doesn't have a Collision."

:D Thanks to my friend Prensa, I can help you ^.^

In 3dsMax, make SURE you have the full niftools plugin, as well as the latest version of NifSkope, then follow the steps below:

1. Import your model into Max as an Oblivion model

2. Go to the create tab, choose the tape measure icon, then select NifTools from the drop down menu

3. Click the "bhkrigidbody" button, click next to the model. it will appear as a box

4. Click the "bhkcollproxy" button, click next to the model. it will also be a box

5. Go to the modify tab and select the bhkcollproxy that you just placed and make sure the material is set to STONE. Do this for the

bhkrigidbody as well.

Now this gets repetative

6. One at a time, click the add button below the empty box in the modify tab, then click an object on the object list

on the left-hand side of the screen. Then click the add button again, and repeat until everything is in the box above the add button.

****Impotant: DO NOT ADD THE bhkrigidbody!!

7. Once this is done, select the bhkrigid body and click the add button again, and select the bhkcollproxy

8. Rectangle select ALL the stuff in the scene, and export your model as an oblivion model WITH collision

9. Open your model in NifSkope, add textures then go to spells>batch>update all MOPP data

10. Save your model and put it in your game.

11. Enjoy not falling through the model ;D

Hope this helps

~SauceGuy