We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

A interesting question about horses

TheBxushis

Sorry if anything, this may look like a stupid question, but as i used both horses mods (immersive and convenient), it had passed in my mind, what if a horse is turned into a follower? and it's interaction is split like an object?

Let me explain in game, many objects has more than one interaction (wardobre for example), so instead of just a mout, making a menu to customize, or building a system what if a horse is turned into a follower, and it's interaction is split in 3 parts (one for the head, another to the mount and a smal at the back), like this?

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/30/1469414439-horses.png

Also, a cool ideia, is making "passagers of skyrim", where from time to time, some custom events will trigger where 2 to 3 passenger without interaction will be seen:

down from the wagon and going in direction city

up the cart and waiting to travel.

The passagers could be families, soldiers, farmers, and so on. once the event ends, these npcs dissapear, and return routinally.

Edited by TheBxushis

It's a nice idea, but not really feasible.

Every object, including followers, have only a single interaction option. I'm not sure where you got the idea that objects can have more than one interaction point except possibly some custom player home where the modder placed small invisible activators over other objects to simulate what you're suggesting.

In theory a set of activators could be placed around a horse, but since the horse moves the activators would have to be scripted to move with it. That would be a lot of scripting activity and would probably have other problems which is why no one has done it.

It's a nice idea, but not really feasible.

Every object, including followers, have only a single interaction option. I'm not sure where you got the idea that objects can have more than one interaction point except possibly some custom player home where the modder placed small invisible activators over other objects to simulate what you're suggesting.

In theory a set of activators could be placed around a horse, but since the horse moves the activators would have to be scripted to move with it. That would be a lot of scripting activity and would probably have other problems which is why no one has done it.

thanks, i was worrying about this, but in general, what could be done in diferrence, is not making all horses having triggers, (only the one owed at each stable) and the script only runs when the player is at close range.

it's something i imagine, like the player has a follower, and this follower has two invisible guardians, whanever the player comes near and the spirits become visible, and the follower will stop, until the player get away. this would be done only to the follower, and never trigger (in theroy) outside of it. this ideia is not necessary mean to be simple, but to know if it's possible to make horse at least 1/3 good as the other two main horses mod, but making more limited, and wihout customization.

sorry for bad enlgish, thanks. ^^