Is there a cheat to add a perk point

vorius

Is there a console command to give your character a free perk point which you may then use the in-game perk tree to assign as you wish, as opposed to the player.addperk command which you need to specify a specific perk?

Also, what is the level cap in this game? trying to find out what is the maximum number of perks a character can attain.

I wish it gave m 2 perks per level instead of just one...

can only get 50 perks legit, no level cap=same as the previous games, which is level 255 ( yes it's possible and legit too! )

as for the original question yes there is a way

here use this for example http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)

can only get 50 perks legit, no level cap=same as the previous games, which is level 255 ( yes it's possible and legit too! )

Erm... You can level up to about 70-80 from raising all skills to 100 (unless you go manually rotating through them so that they're all the same levels and therefore count the same towards advancement allowing each skill gain to count more towards your level progress), so the perk limit is about that much. Can't level to 255 normally since there is no natural way to actually lose skill levels (just progress to the next one from jail time).

As for cheating to get more perks. One way would be to level up most of the way to your next level (30+) then before leveling use console to set the player's level to 1. This will cause your progress to the next level to be recalculated based on lower level needs and give you several levels of perks and stat boosts. You can then use console again to set your level back to what it was.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious console command which adds/removes perk points directly.

Erm... You can level up to about 70-80 from raising all skills to 100 (unless you go manually rotating through them so that they're all the same levels and therefore count the same towards advancement allowing each skill gain to count more towards your level progress), so the perk limit is about that much. Can't level to 255 normally since there is no natural way to actually lose skill levels (just progress to the next one from jail time).

As for cheating to get more perks. One way would be to level up most of the way to your next level (30+) then before leveling use console to set the player's level to 1. This will cause your progress to the next level to be recalculated based on lower level needs and give you several levels of perks and stat boosts. You can then use console again to set your level back to what it was.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious console command which adds/removes perk points directly.

Yes, you can highest iv ever been was 238 on morrowind and 174 on oblivion before i moved on to another game at both of those times, all you do is get your skills lowered and build them back up really

Yes, you can highest iv ever been was 238 on morrowind and 174 on oblivion before i moved on to another game at both of those times, all you do is get your skills lowered and build them back up really

This isn't Morrowind or Oblivion. Leveling and jail penalties don't work the same in Skyrim and was arguably an exploit previously. Even the 100,000 bounty I racked up in Solitude by killing and reviving a group of guards while the townspeople watched didn't result in any actual point loss of skills. There's no way, except for through cheating, to actually lower any skills in Skyrim.

This isn't Morrowind or Oblivion. Leveling and jail penalties don't work the same in Skyrim and was arguably an exploit previously. Even the 100,000 bounty I racked up in Solitude by killing and reviving a group of guards while the townspeople watched didn't result in any actual point loss of skills. There's no way, except for through cheating, to actually lower any skills in Skyrim.

Vagrant0 is right, PsYchotic666Joker. The loading screen in the game even explains it, when you go to jail, your progress in a skill may be lost, not a skill level. Meaning that if I go to jail, for example.. my Destruction skill that's halfway to level 62 may stay at 61 no matter, but I will lose that experience progressing me to 62. Though the skills affected is random.

Edited by natelovesyou

it doesn't work like in oblivion that each 10 skill points you gain a level, here every skill point works towards level, and higher level skills gives more level progress than lower level skills

the hard cap is at level 81, with all skills at 100, doesn't matter in what order you level them