Improving the Blades

Logiwink

About Paat, since there will still be the option to kill it, maybe it could be more honourable....

Instead of just going there and killing it, you could add some dialogue that make it sounds like a duel between two Dovahs.... And not a cold blooded revenge

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for learning how to resurrect dragons like Alduin, you forget that we watched him do it once before (or several times if you went to each dragon mound to observe) We can use books on the dragon language, or ask Odahviing/Paarthurnax (if he is still alive) what was said and then find some specific words and make our own shout that can be used to release the soul back into the body.

Maybe we could absorb Alduin's soul to learn and/or unlock such a shout.

We can't absorb Alduins soul because he's not a simple dragon, he's the first born, so he's pretty much a god in his own right. When we kill him, instead of the soul going into us, it goes into the sky, pretty much being reabsorbed into the Aetherius, where he will eventually reform, and the process starts all over again. Maybe there will be another Dragonborn there to stop him the next time, maybe next time he'll succeed in eating the world, but either way his part in our story ends when he dies in Sovengarde. At least that's how I see it. The lore of these events could change when the 6th game comes out.

Yeah this is a great idea.

It was a vast disappointment that the main stronghold of the dragonborn storyline, the main "place" where he could reside/all his lore is kept - not to mention the great relief carvings on the walls - isn't really a liveable residence.

Roaming blades groups running around skyrim after the questline is finished could also be cool.

About the fort. I agree with Kohdi.

We already have Sky Haven Temple as base where the player can find all he needs. Creating another home very close, quite to very big seems a bit overdoing it.

I had the idea of making the fort kinda fake. The fort is build into the mountain. You can enter and find a big hall, some quarters for guards, a few sleeping rooms for guests and yourself, some indoor shops and maybe a storage room (for supplies to sell). Besides that, it has a (or the) hidden entrance to Sky Haven Temple.

The village will have it's "Land lord" and is for income and trading.

The fort will be the first line of defense, would defense ever be needed. The guards can be undercover Blades (like suggested before).

We can't absorb Alduins soul because he's not a simple dragon, he's the first born, so he's pretty much a god in his own right. When we kill him, instead of the soul going into us, it goes into the sky, pretty much being reabsorbed into the Aetherius, where he will eventually reform, and the process starts all over again. Maybe there will be another Dragonborn there to stop him the next time, maybe next time he'll succeed in eating the world, but either way his part in our story ends when he dies in Sovengarde. At least that's how I see it. The lore of these events could change when the 6th game comes out.

I was under the impression that Alduin showed up because he was shouted forward in time several thousand years ago. Now we're at the point where he wound up and *poof*, there's Alduin. From his perspective, the journey was instantaneous; a second ago, it was thousands of years back, and now all of a sudden it's the 4th era. He missed everything in between. I also got the impression that he wasn't a god after all, just the oldest and most powerful of all the dragons, who are, according to Paarthurnax, all children of Akatosh. That's the way I see it. Anyway, I think there's a lot of room for different interpretations.

I agree it would work better as a village of some sort, but we'd still have to buy the land, we'd still have to build walls, houses, and it wouldn't have been strictly a player house, if you've ever played Morrowind, (some of us probably have), the Great Houses allowed you to buy land, and build a small stronghold/village there. And the house for the player would just be there to keep up appearances. That's what I was thinking we could do here, we'd have to be a thane, and friend of the presiding Jarl, we then buy that land and build upon it, some of the work is done all ready, it's just a matter of clearing out the enemies, and building fortifications for defense from bandits and otherwise. If there is a mine fairly close to the Karthspire, we could buy that as well and use it as a source of income (another thing taken from Morrowind). So, we can have a dwelling there, and while we own it, and can do everything like sleep and store our items there it won't be a player home in the sense that the other houses are. It's just a way to keep hidden things that we don't want our enemies to find.

So in this dwelling, we could have a blood seal, but instead of the seal like the one used at the main entrance, if someone other then the Dragonborn tries to open it, they get shocked and paralysed, each time stronger then the last, and it would sound a kind of alarm inside the Temple telling everyone that someone has tried to sneak in. But this won't be common knowledge between the Blades should any of them be Thalmor spies.

No, we aren't going to mess with any other guild. You'll still be able to do everything you could before, we're just expanding on the Blades, and changing a single quest to give more options for that quest that we feel railroaded us in a single direction.