Improving the Blades

Logiwink

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sat and read all 35 pages of this. Love most if not all of these ideas. It always bugged me in Oblivion and now in Skyrim how the Blades seemed tacked on. I mean in Morrowind they were the MQ in a sense and you became the leading rank in Morrowind (at least in name). I don't have much experience with the new CK but I played with Morrowind's a lot, so hopefully it won't be to hard to learn. I'm not great with scripting and my voice is terrible for recordering, but I have 4 free days a week to play-test and bug hunt. lol

I haven't read though the whole thing myself but I'm curious because the mod project I'm starting (see signature) includes a MAJOR blades overhaul. However the project is currently dead until I can find some people interested in helping out.

Of course, if this is already mod is already well underway, I would love to see about integrating to two ideas.

As stated I've read all 35 pages here as well as joining the sourcefore page, last bit of activity that I could find was around the first of March. :sad: This project had a ton of potential, but it seems to have died :unsure: I really hope it hasn't, though if so it will give me an incentive as to learning the CK.

As stated I've read all 35 pages here as well as joining the sourcefore page, last bit of activity that I could find was around the first of March. :sad: This project had a ton of potential, but it seems to have died :unsure: I really hope it hasn't, though if so it will give me an incentive as to learning the CK.

From what I have read, this mod seems to have more or less the same objective as the one I'm currently undertaking. Of course, I am massively understaffed for such a mod, as I am mostly just a writer. I've tried my hand at scripting and audio work with some success, but after more or less failing to get things working, I've taken a break in order to find a team to help me.

Mostly, I'm just trying to accomplish the following:

-remake the Blades in their 3rd Era image, as a network of spies with pro-Empire leanings (though not necessarily for or against the Titus Mede II's rule)

-downplay their role as genocidal dragon hunters, while retaining the option to use blades resources to fight dragons (or perhaps even ally with them?)

-create unique NPCs for recruiting, each with a full back-story

-quests that involve information gathering, espionage, sabotage, non-lethal tactical combat, cooperation with other guilds or factions, etc.

As such, I hate to hijack this thread for my own purposes... but if anyone involved in the existing Blades Overhaul mod is interested in a collaboration, I'm down :)

These sound like the exact same idea's posted in this thread. On the SourceForge, we have a topic that delves deep into lore, where we find a big motivation for the Blades to fight The Thalmor to do what they always do: protect against great threats.

If you have it in you to take the lead and manage this project, I think you're free to do so. But, (imo) it would be good to read... well, everything? before you do so. ;)

About me: I've just started learning the basics of modding. I've written quite a lot for this mod, but my current part in it is simply reading and giving feedback. I'll stick to that for now.

Edited by JibstaMan

Those sound like the exact same idea's posted in this thread. On the SourceForge, we have a topic that delves deep into lore, where we find a big motivation for the Blades to fight The Thalmor to do what they always do: protect against great threats.

If you have it in you to take the lead and manage this project, I think you're free to do so. But, (imo) it would be good to read... well, everything? before you do so. ;)

About me: I've just started learning the basics of modding. I've written quite a lot for this mod, but my current part in it is simply reading and giving feedback. I'll stick to that for now.

EDIT: checking your mod now.

I plan to give this thread a thorough read when I have some time away from my stupid IRL job :P

As for taking over, I'm not sure I'm the man for the job. Technically, the Main Quest Overhaul is my first mod. Yeah, I know, I'm a dreamer. Of course, if this mod is seriously at risk of dying, I would gladly incorporate its resources and ideas into my own project.

If you have any experience modding, and think you'd be interested in putting these two ideas together, we should collaborate. PM if you think you might want to join forces!

Alright!

I've taken the lead over from Logiwink and will try my best in managing this mod. For now, that means I'll be working behind the scenes, organizing all the information we have and trying to make the information easier accessible.

I'll keep you guys posted on updates, when they come.

@behughes

This mod has only idea's at this point. We aim to make this mod stand-alone (but of course it's possible we add some required other mods in the process of creating this mod). This means we're not going to keep in mind what you and your mod needs.

Once we actually have something, we can take a new look at whether you can use this mod in yours.

Edited by JibstaMan