Improving the Blades

Logiwink

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright!

I've taken the lead over from Logiwink and will try my best in managing this mod. For now, that means I'll be working behind the scenes, organizing all the information we have and trying to make the information easier accessible.

I'll keep you guys posted on updates, when they come.

@behughes

This mod has only idea's at this point. We aim to make this mod stand-alone (but of course it's possible we add some required other mods in the process of creating this mod). This means we're not going to keep in mind what you and your mod needs.

Once we actually have something, we can take a new look at whether you can use this mod in yours.

I just posted an updated outline for my project, which includes some of my Blades ideas stated with a bit more clarity. However, I'll probably hold off trying to change anything with the Blades until your mod has made some significant progress; I'll just be focusing on the main quests in the earlier part of the game. After we've both made a decent amount of progress, perhaps we can talk about compatibility or even a collaboration then. Eithe way, I would much sooner work around your project than expect you to work around mine.

Edited by behughes

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds like a big project. I don't know if you already have, but did you guys make a game design document yet? That way you can arrange tasks in easy-to-follow steps without everything having to happen at once, which makes managing such a project much easier. Just some handy advice. :thumbsup: I will be curious to see how this project grows, it seems very promising!

• 1 month later...
How has the progress been? I've had to put skyrim on hold until I can figure out a way to clean up a mod list of nearly 1000 mods, with more waiting to be installed...I went a little overboard in my downloads...

I've decided to collaborate with behughes on his Skyrim Main Quest Overhaul (SMQO). His mod will give the Blades a bigger role in the Main Quest. In vanilla Skyrim, the Blades simply guide the player, giving information, telling him/her what to do next. SMQO will change that. The Blades will become a small band of warriors to help the Dragonborn in his struggle against dragons and ultimately Alduin. Instead of a meteoric rise to godhood, it will become a hard-fought battle. You will get defeated and you will lose friends! The Blades will be there at your side, to aid you in your battles.

The Blades will gain more purpose and more meaning. But there is only so much they can do. Their first priority will still be the defeat of Alduin. And with the Thalmor breathing in their necks, the options are limited. But once Alduin is destroyed, the question will be what to do next.

And that is where our ideas can still play a mayor role. But with SMQO, we will probably lose limitations related to the Main Quest that we might otherwise have. We would have a kick-ass Main Quest story with reasons to recruit. The Blades will not be just two persons that consider expanding, with you doubting their potential and still having a bad taste because of the Paarthurnax debacle.

I would like everyone interested in Reforging the Blades to join Skyrim Main Quest Overhaul. There is plenty of room to let your voice be heard, to come with epic ideas or to choose what you want to work on and what not.

To join, email or PM behughes!

SMQOLogoTiny.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I was directed here from a comment in my mod - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8426 - Which gives players the option to not kill Paarthurnax. But I mentioned in my mod description that I wanted to expand the Blades and Thalmor factions since they are so horribly under-represented. Something that allows the player another civil war type thing to join either the Thalmor or continue with the blades. From what I see here this mod is focusing heavily on the blades, I dunno but it seems like a better use of my time to work on this mod since it seems to have so much support already.

My primary skill is modeling and animation, though I have no idea of the integration pipeline so that would be new. I'm passingly familiar with the creation kit and making quests, as well as writing, and audio (i.e. editing sound, dialogue etc)

One thing I would mention (forgive me if its already been said) but the Thalmor should be a critical and important part of this mod. And come into the quests very early, since the lore of the game suggests they are still actively hunting and killing blades where they can find them.

Let me know if you think I could be helpful on this mod. (I'm in my last year of uni so my time is very limited for the next 3 months)

Cheers

Allright i just started some concept art of a hidden town in the pale pass region (reference to oblivion with the quest called Lifting the Vale). The blades had a fort there some i thought i could expand it into a city for the thalmor well i dont really know the backstorie i would need some help

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, so you might want to expand on that.

Are you working on a mod yourself, involving a Thalmor village? And you're asking for help writing a backstory? Or do I understand it wrong?