Vault-Tec Workshop DLC Is Out - First Impressions

RaffTheSweetling

I've always missed most DLC releases until well after they come out, Far Harbor and the Skyrim DLC are the only ones I've ever gotten on release day. I hope I'm not going to end up wasting money when I finally do get the contraptions, vault and nuka dlc :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticing with these types of DLCs and the DLCs of Fallout4 in general is that they are largely incomplete or just seems to me that Bestheda is just throwing potential hooks and links for the game and expecting modders to pick up the slack and actually make them worthwhile.

the base game feels like a huge middle finger to us gamers and what you are saying is 100% more so right. its been this way since the base game. i always felt (from the start screen) we should of been able to build bots. (why else would they have a bot in the ground making it look like you are going to fix it. the same does to whats holding up the mini gun in the back ground and the better made item holding boards i nthe back ground. (its even in the video sadly. it is said but i feel fallout shelter feels more wastelandy and end world then fallout 4. it feels more like only 20 yrs pass or something..

even tho the hole world even the citys are life less.. (i keep saying life less but i understand alot of ppl dont know what i mean by this. its the lack of emotion/ animation and dont feel like a robot.. ie we have pool tables in settlements. but you cant play on them u have storys. as basic as they can be.. but u seen no one buying or selling anything to them. even in the big citys. theres just no life or amation in the game sadly. (if u want a better emp. look at how Assassion cread world look. the citys are being lived in ppl are buying and selling. just life. its not hard to do make the more alive. even give us the god player quest to make there lifes easyier. u know give them a few caps or water oh wait we have no good evil system.. lame..)

I've always missed most DLC releases until well after they come out, Far Harbor and the Skyrim DLC are the only ones I've ever gotten on release day. I hope I'm not going to end up wasting money when I finally do get the contraptions, vault and nuka dlc :sad:

2/B honest - The Vault DLC is simply - IMO - not worth it. I would wait until it's on a 'special', which will happen.

I have, as stated, fears that Nuka-World is just going to be another "settlement" DLC ... with Nuka stuff as a 'side treat' - but worth it.

The only DLC that I have felt was worth it was: 1st - Far Harbor, I wished they had put the same effort in the base game! 2nd - Is the Robot DLC, but again - it was like, they started an idea and then "hurried" to get it done, without filling in a lot of the gaps.

The only DLC that I have felt was worth it was: 1st - Far Harbor, I wished they had put the same effort in the base game! 2nd - Is the Robot DLC, but again - it was like, they started an idea and then "hurried" to get it done, without filling in a lot of the gaps.

Without a doubt, Far Harbour is a 'do-over'- a second version of the game design concepts first seen in the vanilla game, and as such feels much improved, though with all the same vanilla limitations. I don't think FH had more 'effort', just the advantage of a second time around with experience.

The three 'hubs' of FH, although 'unlikely', feel relatively pleasing as tight focused knots of quests. However, the dreadfully WASTED murder-mystery vault proves Beth can easily still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's a pity we can't play gambling game and win caps just like in new vegas. Slot machines are just only a simple decoration and adding "fun" for our settlers.

Hmm...idea for a new mod :smile:

Without a doubt, Far Harbour is a 'do-over'- a second version of the game design concepts first seen in the vanilla game, and as such feels much improved, though with all the same vanilla limitations. I don't think FH had more 'effort', just the advantage of a second time around with experience.

The three 'hubs' of FH, although 'unlikely', feel relatively pleasing as tight focused knots of quests. However, the dreadfully WASTED murder-mystery vault proves Beth can easily still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I was going back to FO-3 / FO-NV and Skyrim.

Now I understand that this is more than likely, my own opinion and that's fine.

One of the things that I found, over the years is people like Character Content.

IE:

Faux in FO-3 and a couple of other NPC's that had some story behind them.

NV - also had a couple of characters that had a story behind them.

and so on ...

Then we get to FO-4 and we find 1/2 baked characters, with only a limited few exceptions.

Nick V and with Far Harbor, Nick's character grows a little bit more. I will not spoil it with specifics.

MacCready - I know some do not like him. But what I liked was the character's story. He came from FO-3 and we have a Quest and Story to learn about. It was actually a lot of fun.

Deacon was a potential that got lost. They could have done a bit more with him, but failed. I mean they gave us a "hints":,

......... about his adventure in the Capital Wasteland.

......... About being a "Gang" member.

......... About Barbara his wife and being a synth.

......... About the Gang killing her and he doing 'them in'.

All of those would have made great side and/or semi-major Quests, like MacCready.

I would have gladly seen Strong - NIXED, gad's I hate that character. He is still in the tower and I simply refuse to save him.

I would gladly have not had to deal with Curie as well. Deacon's stories would have been fun to explore and give some depth to!

But instead, we get Fallout - meets - SIMS. I did as much of the Vault Quest to get the Workbench to open and I've not been back. There is only so much building I want to do. Plus I was seriously disappointed by what the Bench opened, that could be used in my main HOME: Red Rocket at Sanctuary. That is not a "Settlement", that is my homebase. Visitor are welcomed but NO SQUATTERS. Go to Sanctuary.

I still fear very much that Nuka-World is going to be another settlement and not a whole lot more. Especially what I have read about the DLC. That is pretty much going to be what it is. Instead of Vault - SIMS, it will be a Nuka-World Sims.

So what we got were:

2 actual Adventure DLC: Far Harbor and Robot ... t

3 SIMS DLC's ... Workshop - Vault-Tech and Nuka World.

Again, I am just very glad I bought the Season Pass at a discount.

I guess, Beth is running out of story ideas???

I