Save Game Crashing

Jakad

So I was just installing some new texture packs.. when all the sudden I start having a lot of crashes. I restart the game to see if that helps.. crash after about 3 minutes of riding a horse down the road. Try again.. same crash. Try turning of fraps/other programs, same crash. Restart computer. Try to launch my game, I click my save fiel, game starts to load... crash. So I just backed up my save files and reinstalled, now I get the "This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objects may no longer be available." error, press okay anyway, crash just like before.. I try an old save file, Same thing..try a REALLY old save file.. it loads.. but my savefile from 50 hours.. to... 110+ hours where I am at right now... do not load.They do not say it's corrupt. I just backed up my game and am installed all the mods I had installed before.. still no luck..

Please.. Any help whatsoever... I don't want to lose my 100+ hour save..

EDIT:SOLVED

If anyone else has this problem be sure that you had not recently changed uGridsToLoad, uExterior Cell Buffer, or iPreloadSizeLimit. If you did, change them back to what they where before you try to load.

Edited by Jakad

Check your TESV.exe file - if it's been modified today, then it's because of the new patch that (apparently) is implented by Steam rather than Bethesda, to make it so that only unmodified EXE's will work. The flipside of that is that it's broken the game for 90% of people. Hopefully they'll fix it quickly.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2244649

Check your TESV.exe file - if it's been modified today, then it's because of the new patch that (apparently) is implented by Steam rather than Bethesda, to make it so that only unmodified EXE's will work. The flipside of that is that it's broken the game for 90% of people. Hopefully they'll fix it quickly.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2244649

I've already reinstalled. And as i said, old saves work fine. Plus it even happened with a seperate backup directory i made. Im 100% sure its not the update..

Right,

I played a few moment after the patch, nothing wrong, but now I get constant crashes mostly while loading or fastraveling. This is mighty annoying.

Here's what happened, last night before I quit my follower got stuck in the East Trading Companions Warehouse as if he was guarding the door, I loaded today and I eventually attacked him so he'd follow me.Since then the crashing began, even loading earlier saves of today, my youngest save that still works is 2 days old :(

Edited by static07