How the...?! ESPs!!

Jackal2233

Took me a while to figure it out too, as I'm new to modding Bethesda games. You need to run FOMM with the command line "tessnip", eg. "fomm.exe -tessnip". When you install FOMM, there should be an option to install shortcuts with those. I find that TesSnip isn't able to edit many things that I want to, so once I've saved the sections I want into a separate file, I just hex edit the values with a hex editor. I don't know how other people are doing it. Edited by UberGrainy

Install Fallout:NV and download FOMM from nexus (google it if you are unable to find) and run it as admin! After that, make sure Fallout:NV is checked in the FOMM and go to "Tools" --> "TESSnip", you should be able to run TESSnip by now. Once inside TESSnip, go to "File" --> "Open" and find your Skyrim.esm file in your SKYRIM game directory.

Thanks all, I managed to open up the esm with FOMM.exe -tessnip

Found the instance I wanted to edit... only to find a whole set of numbers and hexes that don't seem to form a pattern =(

How did others manage?

Use FNVEdit to read the Skyrim.esm, which presents the information in a friendly manner. Then use the FormID references, etc from there to change the hex values with TESnip. Some are easier than others to understand (e.g. Game Settings is straight forward, World is not).

Since FNVEdit shows you the title of the sub-records in a record, you can use that to navigate to the correct part in TESnip.

Edited by Xylozi

I lack the registry values for FNVedit, it needs FalloutNV installed to even run.

I loaded up regedit and manually typed in a "fake" path

Under... Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV

String Value... Path C:\Mods\FNVedit

Still doesn't work =/

Maybe path is the wrong string to use? I don't know

Ok... I found the Skyrim Viewer! :thumbsup:

Let's see if this works... going to try a simple hair color / hair style mod for my companion

EDIT: Holy crap... it worked! Except, it seems the skin tone got messed up... =/

As well as her name, etc... :wallbash:

Edited by Jackal2233

Hmmm... ok it seems I've managed to go as far as I can with NPC editing without the CK

Xylozi, looks like you ran into the same problem in your mod:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=958

And I just found out how easy Sylgja can actually end up looking like Myoll:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/screenshot5gi.png/

:laugh:

Darn this bug...

Edited by Jackal2233