skyrim looping again

wells119

So ever since launch skyrim has not been working, when ever I want to play it launches the launcher exe then when I click the play option it just launches another launcher opposed the actual. Before this I just launched the TSEV exe itself but now that just brings me to the launcher also. I've tried deleting and re installing the game and checking the validation, but neither have worked. Please help

I have the same problem, luckily I had a TESV.exe backup, so I tried put it back in and launch the game via launch menu and it worked, this little update steam did by removing the TESV seems to disable the play option in the launch menu -.- I really hope they fix this really soon or I will be emailing them asking my money back.

I'm having the same problem here :s

This realy sucks, i mean i pre-orderd the game but I had to wait until saturday because they didn't had enough units delivered;.......twice.!!!!..... :(

Now i have like three days and i can't play it.....!!!!

PLs someone help?

Validating the local content worked for me, Try run steam as administrator and validating the loval content again.

I booted Skyrim via a shortcut to my TESV file in the steamapps/skyrim folder on the C: drive. Everything worked fine for three days, but then my husband tried and said it would not boot. Checking the same steamapps folder the entire TESV executable had disappeared. It's not in my recycle bin, either. Why has the game uninstalled / deleted itself?

Is this something to do with the upcoming Creation Kit and how do I manage to play now?

Why did Steam update Skyrim without permission, anyway?

Thanks - D

Edited by Kelibath