Realistic damage Mod

Jafroboy

Hi, I'm a longtime fan of oblivion, buying it ages ago on 360, but I recently got it on PC, and saw a chance to fix the one thing that has always bugged me, the damage.

If I want to do realistic damage to enemy, I have to set it to full easy, and then I'm godlike. If I want a decent challenge, I have to set it to normal, but then it takes like 50 swings to kill anything decent.

I've tried what realisitc damage mods I could find like FighterPilot's one: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=4561 but it didnt do it for me, it still took ages to kill anything on normal difficulty.

What I think could work, is simply dividing the health of EVERYTHING (including the player) by 10.

So, is there such a mod? If not could anyone point me towards a way of making it? A tutorial guide somewhere or something? How hard would it be? Can anyone think of a better/easier way of doing it? I'm not really very good at programming, but I made a Mass Effect 2 realistic damage mod with INI editing, and a warhammer dawn of war RD mod with Corsix.

Many thanks to anyone who helps, I dont mind doing work if I culd be told how. Cheers.

There would be two approaches to making a mod like this:

(1) Decrease the health points of all actors.

(2) Increase the damage done by all creatures and by all weapons and spells.

This would take forever to do, and is tedious brainless work, but it is really easy work that a person who has very little modding experience could still do. I believe some mods like this have already been built.

The problems with a mod like this:

(1) It would be incompatible with most other mods. The creatures, weapons, and spells from those mods would be too tough or too weak, because they would be set up to match vanilla Oblivion.

(2) Hand to hand combat does not work the way creatures and weapons and spells do. A modder can't just jump in and change this in the normal way. Hand to hand could become ridiculously overpowered.

(3) Character generation and leveling could be an issue. If the mod was done badly, then the player character would be like a god in a world of wimps.

There are a few mods that change the way combat works a little, some making it more difficult, some making it easier. The problem like David suggested is that you would need to do it in a way that would balance everything unless you wanted to play in god mode or die a lot. Look for mods suited for the class of player you want to be, I am sure you will find a few mods that change things for you. For instance there are several different mods to magic. Some are overpowering, some are weak and some are fairly well balanced. For magic I would suggest LAME as well as Supreme Magicka. For archery I would suggest Duke Patrick's Combat Archery. For weapons, well I don't have a suggestion because I don't usually play a tank :)