We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Over Transparent water

strazytski

Yes this happens to me many times. Also when this happens my spells such as Flames or other spells that use "decals" stop working . Try to use flames you'll see that they will also be invisible. How I fix this ? Restart game and all gets back to normal , also I think it occurs when I Tab out of the game.

Yes this happens to me many times. Also when this happens my spells such as Flames or other spells that use "decals" stop working . Try to use flames you'll see that they will also be invisible. How I fix this ? Restart game and all gets back to normal , also I think it occurs when I Tab out of the game.

the water is always transparent for me. and flames are fine.

I just tweaked around and my jaw droped I had no idea what I been missing out on. theres so much going on but not being rendered. even though I can see it slightly now a lot of the water is not rendered something is wrong rendering wise. and my video card is uptodate.

Are you using an ATI video card? I had this same problem when I first played the game, and for a little while I had no idea what I was missing out on, flames were always invis and the water looked like what you are showing.

There are a couple ways to fix this, the first one i used was this framerate fix for ATI cards which basically just fools the game into thinking you have an nvidia card.

I switched to Performance and bugfix ENBSeries 092 Patch 5 as it also alows me to use things like the fps limiter which I wanted to toy around with.

Hope that helps, these unlocked the full graphical potential of the game for me.

Edited by darkblayd

Processor: Intel Core i5 650 // 2 core 4 threads

Memory: DDR3 - 1TB

Motherboard: Intel core i5 650 @ 3.20 GHz

Graphics Card:: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470

Soundcard: Realtek HD

Monitor Size: 21"

Without ENBSeries v0.092 Patch 5 = http://i42.tinypic.com/2ldg31y.png

With ENBSeries v0.092 Patch 5 = http://www.thetravelpeach.com/africa-vacations/zimbabwe/waterfall.jpg

Thank you so much for linking to the ENBSeries. it fixed so many problems with my game!

Edited by strazytski

Do you have Transparency Supersampling forced through the Nvidia Control Panel? If so, switch to 2x Mutlisampling. The game has issues with certain Antialiasing settings (this being one of them) plus 2x Multisampling is slightly better than Supersampling with little to no performance difference.

I've just experienced this myself now and I don't have any water/environment textures installed. I'm thinking it's a memory issue as it appeared after I alt+tabbed out to restore my FPS. After I've been playing for a few hours I notice a major drop in FPS and general choppiness, Alt+tabbing out hands some of the memory control over to Windows thereby purging old information from RAM. However, having higher resolution textures could compound the issue as the games memory leak would accumulate faster.

• 1 year later...