Armor mod thoughts

droscoe2

I have some ideas and would like to propose an armor mod. Let me preface it by saying that I'm all about appearance. Choosing an 'armor path', in terms of Light or Heavy, essentially halves the number of armors available to wear. (at least, to be optimal it makes sense to wear heavy armor if you have increased H.Armor skill).

What would you think about doing some sort of consolidation of the two armor types so that you can wear that badass-looking Iron Armor helmet (with the horns) with Steel, or Dwarven, etc. I'd like to mix and match maybe between armor pieces, so that its a bit more like Diablo-style. Hopefully you know what I mean there...but make them worthwhile in regards to protection.

I suppose my point is, some of the lower tier armor sets are more visually appealing than their higher-tier counterparts. But of course it doesn't make sense to wear inferior armor. Maybe...I'm just hoping for some type of armor expansion, huh?

EDIT: I think I made my proposal rather complicated. What if, for example, I retextured the Iron Helmet with a steel, dwarven, or other texture so that it still 'fits' within those corresponding sets. Armor in ES are listed by TYPES (fur, leather, steel, etc), but they are distinctly different because of their STYLE. Why not have that awesome looking Iron helmet (i know, Im obsessed, for just for example...) in Steel, or Dwarven, or Orcish TYPES. For another example, have the Dragonplate style helmet in Iron, Steel, Orcish, etc etc.

Confusing? Complicated? I just propose that armor styles be expanded throughout the types (and have their armor ratings set appropriately) so that it gives us more choices in appearance....and in combination with my armor dye mod.....eh?

Just thoughts,

droscoe

Edited by droscoe2

Basically - you like the iron helmet.

You want the protection of say - elven armor and you use light armor instead of heavy.

You want the iron helmet's metal to be the shiny gold - the horns probably white.

You want the stats to be elven - grade protection and count as light armor.

So - you'd have to custom make a set of armor - or replace elven armor with the mesh of the iron armor -

but use different skins. Gotcha.