[Planned] Travel to Cyrodiil Mod

Diabolickal

So as the title says, I am planning a huge mod for Skyrim when the creation kit comes out. I plan on making a "Travel to Cyrodiil" addition to Skyrim. I do understand that this is a huge undertaking but I am willing to go all out on this. As a huge fan of the elder scrolls series, I simply loved Oblivion, (and of course Morrowind) and it was only natural that Skyrim has now found a special place in my heart, so why not have both (or even all three)? So this is where the idea gave birth. I am quite familiar with Oblivion's construction kit and have even published a mod for oblivion a long time ago as seen HERE. Ghost_Fang is me, just an old account. I got excellent feedback for it being my first ever mod, and I have worked with the kit significantly more since then. So if the Skyrim's creation kit is anywhere remotely similar to Oblivion's, it will make this task all the more easier, but regardless I'm going through with this mod.

So you may be wondering why I would even bother posting this. Well the main reason is to get some feedback on my idea, and possibly gain help from anyone who would like to help or contribute in any way. But as I said, I plan on doing this, help or no help. Right now I only plan on making the Cyrodiil cities, dungeon, and region/landscape with Skyrim content such as the textures, clutter, models etc. After or maybe even during, depending on if I have help and skills of those helping me might add Oblivion that was dropped in Skyrim, such as silver weaponry, various enemies, etc. I plan on accomplishing this task by dividing Cryodiil up into a grid and working on only one grid square at a time and not moving on until it is finished, this also leaves room for anyone to join in and contribute a grid square that hasn't been complete yet at any time, leaving anyone to maybe to their favorite city, or region.

I hope i don't lose any credibility because I appear to be a noob, I made a whole new account. I have been modding Oblivion (in the shadows) since the beginning, but there was a long period of time I was gone and its great to be back. I can't wait to get started. I am dedicated to this project.

So let me know what you guys think about this, and I'll give my Skype name to anyone interested in assisting me on this long journey.

I am also keeping a close eye on the release of the creation kit so I can get started right away.

Thanks

Diabolickal (aka Ghost_fang)

Edit: My friend just gave me a very interesting link relating to this. http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

From the looks of it, it appears a lot landscape already exsists, which leaves some texture touch-up, and adding the towns, dungeons, foliage, just overall refining of the land.

Note: This also raises the question, what does Bethesda have planned as far as DLC for skyrim? Could bethesda quite possibly add Morrowind and/or Oblivion as expansions to Skyrim? Maybe so, but until that day comes, I will work on this project.

Edited by Diabolickal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put,

This is the Aqua Regina of mods.

Seems with every game Bethesda releases, someone wants to put a previous game into it.

From my opinion, this is a lot of work to get to play something I have already played. I would much rather see an entirely new world/land etc.

But that is just me.

And I am not you.

So if you wish it, do it.

P.S. Using resources from any other game is illegal. Watch yourself.

I would absolutely love a mod like this. However, you would most likely run into legal issues with Bethesda.

Not if all content was Skyrim and player-made content. We would only run into legal issues if we port/convert content over from Oblivion.

P.S. Using resources from any other game is illegal. Watch yourself.

I never intended to use content from Oblivion, I intended to hand craft it using Skyrim's creation kit upon release.

Adding Oblivion's weaponry and enemies would require a bit more skill for it to be original content.

I apologize if I created any confusion or if I implied that I was going to port content.

Edited by Diabolickal

I personally think this is a fantastic idea, even if I'm entirely skeptical that something on a scale this massive simply would never happen, on one condition.

Story has to be new. Perhaps another war breaks out. Perhaps if you follow the Stormcloak story and win, full on never-ending war (omitting of course if one side gets wiped out entirely, then they obviously win) can break out between skyrim and the Legion in Cyrodill. I don't know, there has to be something exciting happening in cyrodill at the least to make people actually want to go there again.

My 2 cents for now.

Edited by Christhesilent

I personally think this is a fantastic idea, even if I'm entirely skeptical that something on a scale this massive simply would never happen, on one condition.

Story has to be new. Perhaps another war breaks out. Perhaps if you follow the Stormcloak story and win, full on never-ending war (omitting of course if one side gets wiped out entirely, then they obviously win) can break out between skyrim and the Legion in Cyrodill. I don't know, there has to be something exciting happening in cyrodill at the least to make people actually want to go there again.

My 2 cents for now.

Yea I completely understand if people are entirely skeptical, and first things first, baby steps, make Cyrodill landmass then add content and lore friendly goodies.

Also check the blog post i linked near the bottom of my post. Very interesting to read and may very well benefit this project.

I'd love to see how this, esp. after the 200 or so years in between the Oblivion crysis. But.. lots of work to be done for any team wishing to tackle it, even more without porting any content.