[Planned] Travel to Cyrodiil Mod

Diabolickal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out, theres a big collaboration project at

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1295487-province-mod-collaboration-thread-2/page__st__140__p__19552059#entry19552059

They need people like you to contribute to the bigger 'one world' project. The more people on board, the quicker Tamriel gets fleshed out.

Sorry to barge in. Just trying to help :)

Just throwing this out, theres a big collaboration project at

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1295487-province-mod-collaboration-thread-2/page__st__140__p__19552059#entry19552059

They need people like you to contribute to the bigger 'one world' project. The more people on board, the quicker Tamriel gets fleshed out.

Sorry to barge in. Just trying to help :)

Hi, I'm one of the modders involved with that project.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

I see you've already put up a page on our wiki, which is great. We should try to arrange ways to sort out in more detail how we could collaborate.

• 2 weeks later...

had an idea for a main quest(already said this but just had a new idea

main quest line

you're starting a rebellion against the thalmor with the blades(so we can redo cloud ruler temple)

also if we do this we have to get permission from Bethesda as when someone did this for oblivion(back to morriorwind) and it got banned until they got permission(cause all of the town names and so on are copyright of Bethesda)

also we should try and expand the thieves guild and dark brotherhood into cyrodil and bring back mages guild and the fighters guild

and give you a chance to be

a guard in the imperial city and dealing with a major organised crime organisation

main quest line

you're starting a rebellion against the thalmor with the blades(so we can redo cloud ruler temple)

also if we do this we have to get permission from Bethesda as when someone did this for oblivion(back to morriorwind) and it got banned until they got permission(cause all of the town names and so on are copyright of Bethesda)

also we should try and expand the thieves guild and dark brotherhood into cyrodil and bring back mages guild and the fighters guild

a guard in the imperial city and dealing with a major organised crime organisation

If your going to get permission, why dont you go all the way and try to get them to let you use their old maps ffrom oblivion?

main quest line

Removing Thalmor presence in Cyrodiil is a pretty big decision lore wise, so I personally think this shouldn't be touched.

I'm pretty sure Bethesda won't ban this mod for using place names, the only controversial mod I know of is Morroblivion and this is because it converted actual assets from TES:III to TES:IV, I don't think we'll run into problems with place names as their are several world expanding mods (Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina and TR Stirk for example) that haven't had any trouble with this either.

I personally find the idea of expanding the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood very interesting, the Mages Guild has been destroyed long ago (2 similar factions have come in it's place though) and I don't know anything about the Fighter's Guild to be honest.

Being a guard in the Imperial City is a pretty cool idea but I don't think it will be a priority at all.

If your going to get permission, why dont you go all the way and try to get them to let you use their old maps ffrom oblivion?

It's not worth the trouble, the old map isn't on scale anyway. quality would most likely be lost when scaling it up, so it's better to start from scratch.

Magnitude of this work needs no direction for the time being.

Gather people who can help you with the landmass, then 30-40% into the project you will together decide what will be done, I have no exp. in previous TES SDK's but just filling and adjusting landmass should be quite easy (will take QUITE a time tho).

Edited by SierraKhaar

• 2 weeks later...

umm dont know if this is true or not but i was recently reading a magazine on this and if you go into and look over the hills towards cyrodil there are

visible city's e.g. imperial ,bravil etc and the mentioned that it could be for one of the up coming DLC'S??? which would make any work started pointless if this is true. But then again it could be just a rumor but it would be good if we could confirm this or not.