[Planned] Travel to Cyrodiil Mod

Diabolickal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could also do it that some of the original little villages might have thrived and become small cities/Big cities and that all those old forts have been converted in to imperial bases or even resistance fighters bases(see story line 1)

couple of story lines below

1. (story line of pushing forward from skyrim to make it independent from the empire and the Thalmor)

2. (story line of getting an army together in secret to fight against the Thalmor)

if you need story lines or have an idea for one that needs extending my brain works in this way so ask me(credit will go to you with maybe a little going to me)

I think that if we are going toget this done within a resonable amount of time then we will need people to speacialize in ceartin areas. Such as, 5 people devoted to making meshes and textures that would be needed, 1 person to make the heightmap of cyrodiil, 9 people to make cities so each person could focus on a city so each city comes out the at its best, 10 people to work on dungeons and forts, 10 people to make the wilderness unique, 3 people to create npcs, 3 people to work on the guilds (since there is no DarkBrotherhood in Cyrodil anymore), and then once evryone has finished making the world and getting it all set up, everyone could focus on the quests so we would be able to quickly add side quests all over the world. I assume if we had that many people we could probably make the mod in about 3 months, but if we have around 10 people it would probably take us about a year.

If we are able to get a whole team together though we could probably make more provinces if everyon was up for it, I say if we got a big enough team we could probably make all of tamriel in about 2 years (though I doubt we would get very far past cyrodiil.)

Anyways I for one would like to request Skingrad since it was my favorite city in Oblivion and i would love to work on it some more.

I think that if we are going toget this done within a resonable amount of time then we will need people to speacialize in ceartin areas. Such as, 5 people devoted to making meshes and textures that would be needed, 1 person to make the heightmap of cyrodiil, 9 people to make cities so each person could focus on a city so each city comes out the at its best, 10 people to work on dungeons and forts, 10 people to make the wilderness unique, 3 people to create npcs, 3 people to work on the guilds (since there is no DarkBrotherhood in Cyrodil anymore), and then once evryone has finished making the world and getting it all set up, everyone could focus on the quests so we would be able to quickly add side quests all over the world. I assume if we had that many people we could probably make the mod in about 3 months, but if we have around 10 people it would probably take us about a year.

If we are able to get a whole team together though we could probably make more provinces if everyon was up for it, I say if we got a big enough team we could probably make all of tamriel in about 2 years (though I doubt we would get very far past cyrodiil.)

good idea

but the best idea overall in my opinion is to do it in small chunks with everyone set out to do something in the world the problem would be trying to get everyone to deadlines

Anyways I for one would like to request Skingrad since it was my favorite city in Oblivion and i would love to work on it some more.

i agree it was one of the best

I really don't want to break your spirits, but about 1 in 10 of these kinds of mods come out as a success and they are rarely even faithful to the universe and they sometimes just end up as being a complete bastardisation of the original.

In my opinion a better idea that is more manageable is having the player return to a small area of the map that is just off Skyrim's border. I had the idea of a mod that lets you cross the border and go to Cloud Ruler Temple, which is just about the closest location in Cyrodiil to Skyrim. You wouldn't be able to go much further than that, but just that small area would be pretty damn cool IMHO. If you're more ambitious you could extend that area up to Bruma, and allow the player to go there.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Toasty Fresh

I really don't want to break your spirits, but about 1 in 10 of these kinds of mods come out as a success and they are rarely even faithful to the universe and they sometimes just end up as being a complete bastardisation of the original.

In my opinion a better idea that is more manageable is having the player return to a small area of the map that is just off Skyrim's border. I had the idea of a mod that lets you cross the border and go to Cloud Ruler Temple, which is just about the closest location in Cyrodiil to Skyrim. You wouldn't be able to go much further than that, but just that small area would be pretty damn cool IMHO. If you're more ambitious you could extend that area up to Bruma, and allow the player to go there.

Just my 2 cents.

that is why a good idea would be to do each part grid by grid(small areas ) so if we do decide to give it up we have still done something

I would love to see Cyrodiil in Skyrim, I had this idea too, but like most people said it would be nearly impossible to do alone.

I for one am not so interested in having new area's like some people suggested(I do not know if they meant new area's as in Black Marsh or Valenwood for example(Valenwood would be awesome though) or something like a total conversion), they take more time would probably be less lore friendly, and I like my mods lore friendly. To be honest I do not have a lot of experience with the Construction Sets, I've only created minor mods I did not release(mainly non-scripted personal homes) for Oblivion, FO3 and FNV. So I've only got some basic experience with the CS's, I plan to learn more before the Skyrim Creation Kit comes out though.

I'd also be very interested helping out with the organisation/planning/structure of this project and keeping all the information and resources organized. I am basically willing to do any task, no matter how small or boring it might be, I'm also eager to learn anything that would be needed. I've got a lot of free time on my hands and I'm willing to dedicate nearly all of it to this project.

I live in a GMT+1 time zone, which might be important in relation to communication.

All that said, there is a lot of work to be done and a dedicated board for this project would probably prove invaluable, if your willing to accept my help I can start out by doing some research into free forum services that would suit this project needs, I've had no prior experience with setting up forums but there's a first time for everything I suppose.

Edited by Hashcat

What you could do, is make some lore up, and add the mod in sections based on certain cities.

For example, you could make one plugin that takes you to the imperial city from a Carriage outside of a hold. The Imperial city would have a good chunk of its surrounding area (The water body/docks/some ruins here and there) and then have some kind of checkpoint wall thing based by Thalmor that cannot be opened. You could add this kind of idea to every city eventually bit by bit, and have a transport system of carriages like Skyrim's holds.

But a thing to remember, is that it would be heavy on Thalmor. Perhaps a quest line there to get rid of the thalmor all together through either peace treaties or total bloodshed to a kind of assassination. You never know. That lore has yet to be put into place, and is totally open.

Give me a message if you need any help making reasons for the trip to, or a kind of back story to it, and some basic stories about it.