Need help editing a Armor

shadowhunterEEP

Please bare in mind while reading this that I have no experience modeling so I know nothing when it comes to this.

All I want to do is remove the bicep piece of this armor for my own personal use

the part is form Cross pre-war Cybernetics

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609/?

That's all I want but for the life of me I can't find out how to I don't care if it's gone or just invisible I just want it to not show ingame. Can someone please help me please?

Hi. in left panel where it says ninode sceneroot there is a little triangle. click that and it will display the nodes of the nif file in a hierarchal biew.

Find the geometry node thats a nitrishape or nitristrips and make sure its the one for the part you want to hide, click the node in tree view and at bottom there is the properties of node. find flags and should have option to set it hidden in there.

Thank you baduk for replying but unfortunately that wont work as it's one single mesh though (newbie question) wouldn't it be better to delete the whole branch?.

I probably should clarified a bit more that I know how to use nifskope (at lest a little bit) but when it comes to editing a mesh with modeling software like blender and 3Dmax that's where I have no experience not for a lack of trying as I could never get blender to work and can't afford 3Dmax sorry for the confusion

You'll need to watch some basic tutorials on Blender (free) and go about importing the nif into Blender and delete/remove the part of the model you want missing, re-export it out of Blender and into Bodyslide.. make some weight paint tweaks to the left over piece, then export it out again as a nif.