Fur Armor (and variants)

Tirick

This is a gripe, albeit a small one. Why is that I can craft and mod glass armor to 'Epic', but cannot modify Fur or Forsworn past 'Flawless'? Is there something about Fur armor that makes it particularly difficult to improve?

Also, why can we craft Leather armor, but not Fur (or Forsworn)? I guess that will have to wait for the CK.

Tirick

it's an annoyance for me too- i don't like wearing elven or above, it just doesn't fit in with the setting at all, but i have to in order to progress. I think there are some armor replacers out already, that replace higher level gear with the models of fur/leather, so i suppose that will have to do for the time beign

Its the same as iron. The most basic armours - hide, leather, iron etc - dont have an associated perk, so you cannot get the halving of the level requirement needed to get legendary armour. You would need to get smithing to level 200 with buffs to get legendary fur, hide, iron etc.

The perks should have been a sliding scale (as in, effects all armors below a certain 'level-type'), but I see what you mean. I'm playing a wood-elf and If I want 'better' armor, I'm stuck wearing shiny glass (Until dragon anyway) instead of what would be (to me anyways) more lore-appropriate natural armors.

The Fur armor model is great, I wore that until I stumbled into Forsworn.

Tirick