Problems installing oblivion, wont load up? Windows 10

lllJACKlll

Hey I am trying to install my physical copy of oblivion onto my brand new computer. I pop it in the disk tray and it just starts freezing up..... Finally after a few minutes I can load up the folders and try clicking things but nothing works. My computer runs everything else extremely fast, skyrim, overwatch, etc. so I know its not a computer problem. Is it compatibility or is this a common problem and I just need to wait it out?

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

If you have access to the code, the data on the disc, make a folder somewhere on the hard drive and copy all the files.

try and see if the game will install from there. The disc has DRM on it and windows 10 will not allow that to run.

At the risk of messing it up any further.. I need to ask, how does one do that? And will it compromise any of the files on the CD? I have been considering just buying it off steam but I figured that would have more problems than my physical copy. Or am I wrong

At the risk of messing it up any further.. I need to ask, how does one do that? And will it compromise any of the files on the CD? I have been considering just buying it off steam but I figured that would have more problems than my physical copy. Or am I wrong

in windows explorer, find a siutable place to store the data and copy all the contents from the disc.

As you are using windows10, certain data once used as DRM protection is no longer allowed on the system Microsoft has built and distribute.

Things like SecurRom are not allowed, the system will simply lock the hardware up, prevent it's install...the DRM data because it see's it as a Virus even though it's not.

IF you own the CD copies of fallout3, the second disc contains an invisible "SecurRom" installer that allows the process to continue. Windows 10 will not allow that code to even process when it's seen.

You box for your game should have this information written on it in fine print. There are other types, all of them have been obsoleted.

Now ,Steam is the best bet, you will be able to install these game through steams networks hub's.

---------------

Back to the disc. IF you can copy the data? no harm will befall the system or your PC, it may not work at all because the code will look for that DRM.

IF there is an HTML link seen on yor disc ? try it, it will take you to steam ...possibly.

I purchased the Book type SkyRim Full editions, it came with all the games as a bundle but ended up still needing to download the games, all of them from steam anyway. The disc mediums of today are up to date. So it is automatic.

" (steam but I figured that would have more problems than my physical copy.) " you have no choice ,right or wrong. IT is the sign of the times.

All you can do is try. But windows 10 won't allow it and there is no workaround other than copy and paste and Just plain hope it see's the data on the disc and windows does not try to block the installation process.