What music do you like?

MikyWrita

I like alternative, electronic and a selection of other un-classifiable stuff.

At the moment I'm listening to: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eskimo Joe, Angus & Julia Stone, Beck, Florence + The Machine, Xploding Plastix and other random things.

Eh currently listening to Mumford and son, beck, Foo fighters, Metric, and a fiew other bands that i can't think of on the fly.

I like extreme metal mostly...black, death, melodic death, folk. I got sick of classic rock and now almost exclusively listen to metal. I've lost patience for most mainstream genres. They sound old and tired to my ears. I guess I'm still waiting for the next new thing that sounds good. Until then, metal seems to be where most of the really talented musicians are.

im quite omnivorous, as long as there is some musical skill behind it.

im usually not very interested in deep, profound lyrics. i find it pretentious when (mere) bands have life-lessons to teach their listeners, but every now and then i will be taken by lyrics.

one example is an old argentine folk song i had on my computer, and sortof half-conciously listened to many times before i suddenly realized how gorgeous the lyrics were (alfonsina y el mar, performed by mercedes sosa)

genre-wise, ill give everything a chance.

Grew up with my dad playing 70's, 80's and 90's stuff, so that's it for me ... Most of the metal bands and especially ACDC, Black Sabbath, The Doors, David Bowie and British bands by the dozen ... the list is so very very long so I'll stop now.

I must admit though that Groove or Disco Funk has a place in my heart, and I have a further love for the really old stuff like Benny Goodman, Frank Sinatra, Glen Miller etc., damn that stuff is sex.

Edited by Nintii

damn that stuff is sex.

Don't you mean

?

I just found that I like Space Rock and it's pop counterpart, Dream Pop.

I'm fascinated with outer space, so I think these two genres are perfect :D

Yes sorry, sax, it's sax ... had a dream about Glen Miller and his band surrounding my bed playing "In the mood" and suddenly I wasn't.

No actually it's really good stuff ... I forgot to mention al Jolson ... awesome stuff.

Edited by Nintii