What kind of alternate starts would work for skyrim?

Barlas

Seeing as you are the only witness besides Rolaf and Hadvar, how would you go about making an alternate start?

Personally, I would go with you being a villager of Helgen, and you just running away as soon as Alduin was buring everyone to a crisp, or something about waking up outside of Helgen in a bedroll of sorts because you liked to sleep outside.

I can't think of anything that would work, and I don't think arive by ship would be a cool idea like in Oblivion.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like to start out in one of the villages. I dont necessarily need to start in Helgen.

Like Ivarstead, if you head west along the trail you will come across an imperial and his pet noble, he will give you a quest to go to some place to join the legion, and waaaaaaaaaaay to the west beyond Half Moon there is a stormcloak patrol slaughtering some imperial scum that gives you teh join the rebellion quest. I am fairly sure any rebel and any imperial storm trooper will give you the quests.

Personally I think Ivarstead is pretty and peaceful looking and its near Riften. :)

OR there could be a choice to start in any of the holds.

Then,you get a message from the courier that was addressed to someone else by mistake, and it gives you private details about Helgen, and thus you go to whiterun.

I think that sounds petty cool.

coming to solitude in a ship as a slave, starting in a carvane whit fresh students to the colleges (bards/mages) as one of the imperial bastards that anted my head (looking at ulfric and his men and beeing one of the imp soliders there) and much more

• 2 weeks later...

I was just pondering over this scenario. I hate making decision's of choosing side's when you have no interest in political status of the world. Unfortunately this is a pre-requisite to complete the main quest.

It would be nice to delay the decision making at the beginning and have the opportunity to break into the video cutscene intro and have the opportunity to escape off the horse and cart before arriving at Helgen, an ideal scenario for a rebellious or thief type character. Though this type of idea would need some additonal thought for how the character has their hands unbound within the stage of the cart or after and thus be able to pick up the main quest at some point in time.

Another Idea of a starting point I thought of was being a born vampire captured by some vampire hunters or mages for experimentation. Where then, the character has the chance to escape from a small fort or a cave which then becomes your "den" . Alternatively another scenario would be that you are rescued from the cart by i.e some form of faction that has interest in the character like a group of bandits or some other faction that the character already belongs too.

how about you dont create the character that gets caught, but your actualy his/ her partner that was trying to help them escape from halgen and Alduin pops up and the story is about you tracking (who you original play as) lol