What kind of alternate starts would work for skyrim?

Barlas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I was talking about how Ulfric gets caught as well.

Because with the alternate start, you weren't caught in a ambush between stormcloaks and imperials, you'd still need to do something about Ulfric being captured, otherwise the Stormcloak quests can't start properly.

as a human i need rules to have a game, thinking about and planning mod is a good game and imho one of the rules is to let the game can be played by a Newplayer, so my idea about an alternative start is :

- starting on the edge of skyrim,

- running like hell, not bondaged maybe with a random starting inventory

- guards are chasing player

- if guards kill (from distance) or touch the player, transition to main quest/standart start

- if player escape with no enemy nearby he starts .showracemenu or whatever

so a newbie...(i always think to my 59 y.o. CIVaddicted mother.)will get caught by guards and a skilled olayer can have a new justified existence.

i'm just asking myself: there is nothing we can do for tutorial? really maybe we canh upgrade it.

• 2 weeks later...

i would be happy to se a mod which where you raid, kill or whatever so that you would earn your place on the wagon that you originally start in but it should probably be near the border as in the unmodded version you cross a border (well you don't actually see this but it is talked about on the wagon), this was something i wanted in oblivion as well, well in oblivion i wanted to earn my place in prison...

Maybe a possible dialogue option with those who survive helgen (skyrim) / the hidden exit (oblivion)...

• 2 weeks later...

You're riding in the back of a cart.

-Driver: "So, where are you from?"

Race menu shows up.

Select basic background: (Wealthy/Average/Poor Merchant/Scholar/Warrior/Traveller)

-Driver: "I see, and where were you heading?"

Select any big city with a cart outside it.

Start outside selected city with supplies suited for your background. (Stuff to sell for merchant, books for scholar, weapons and armor for traveller/warrior)

Then you could start the main quest by going to Riverwood. They feel unsafe with the dragon and Gerdur (Cause she's like the mayor of Riverwood) asks you to speak to the Yarl. The main quest is on track.

There are a lot of people running around telling you to join the imperials and stormcloaks alredy.

Edited by Elissiaro

Or alternativly, you wake up with some basic travelling gear in the Riverwood Inn and hear that Helgen's been attacked.

If you ask about the attack you get the quest to see the Yarl.

Edited by Elissiaro

You're riding in the back of a cart.

-Driver: "So, where are you from?"

Race menu shows up.

Select basic background: (Wealthy/Average/Poor Merchant/Scholar/Warrior/Traveller)

-Driver: "I see, and where were you heading?"

Select any big city with a cart outside it.

Start outside selected city with supplies suited for your background. (Stuff to sell for merchant, books for scholar, weapons and armor for traveller/warrior)

Then you could start the main quest by going to Riverwood. They feel unsafe with the dragon and Gerdur (Cause she's like the mayor of Riverwood) asks you to speak to the Yarl. The main quest is on track.

There are a lot of people running around telling you to join the imperials and stormcloaks alredy.

gerdur and the riverwood smith-guy could be two people you talk to where they tell them that helgen was attaced by a dragon and you need to speak to the jarl

• 1 month later...
Just a Neutral start for my dark elf character who would not follow the people that were going to execute him or the stormcloaks racist bastards, just escape helgen with the main quest enabled, but following no one.