Making marriable khajiit?

coolster

You can make anyone marriable.

~ open console

target NPC by clicking them

addtofaction 19809 1

Talk to them with the Amulet of Mara on.

The Amulet of Mara is acquired from the quest The Book of Love or is purchased for 200 gold coins from Maramal.in Riften.

Edited by iansaltman

You can make anyone marriable.

~ open console

target NPC by clicking them

addtofaction 19809 1

Talk to them with the Amulet of Mara on.

The Amulet of Mara is acquired from the quest The Book of Love or is purchased for 200 gold coins from Maramal.in Riften.

Actually, judging from others I have talked to in this forum, it doesn't work. Not for female khajits at least. This is likely due to the fact that there aren't any such npcs at all in the vanilla game, and as such voice files with the relevant dialogue and similar are missing.

Assuming that someone does try to make them marriable, they would most likely need to find a new voice actor for khajiits.

EDIT: Here is an earlier discussion in another thread:

You should be able to turn any NPC to being marryable by simply using the console. Just open the console, select the NPC, and write in the following:

"addtofaction 19809 1"

And then:

"setrelationshiprank player 4"

And you are done.

Of course, I havn't tested it for female khajits yet, and considering that they aren't in the vanilla game it's possible that they will be missing voice files.

Does not work for Khajjit (my Khajjit thief is doomed to being single forever, I guess) and for the reason you guessed - lack of voice files, and moreover the lack of actual dialog links for Khajjit NPCs. With the construction set, fixing the dialog flags should be easy enough, but they'll probably end up silent movie style unless someone wants to actually do some voice acting/audio manipulation to back it up with something.

Edited by amycus

The addfac command alone isn't even foolproof as it is. Most NPCs that aren't followers by default, in my experience, require quite a bit of rigging with other console commands and rarely work perfectly as followers in the end.

In terms of fulfilling the OP (whether it be creating an ideal same race NPC to marry, or a creating a NPC follower that's actually attractive), I suspect waiting for the toolset will be the best bet.

Edited by Tair