Face and Body color Mismatch

noname_1985

Like you guys I have the same problem. But I don't have any custom mods like eye replacers for NPC's or anything. The only one I can think of is the werewolf replacers from heart of the beast mod.

Pretty much all my custom NPC's have this bug. Its annoying. :|

Load order does not fix it either so it must be something like the texture replacers you guys are talking about.

Another thing is I do use Automatic Variants. Come to think of it, all these problems started when I put that on. :| :O

I'll be right back!

Edit: Was not Automatic Variants. :\

Edited by Auzarion

• 2 months later...

It's not a Bethesda bug or anything... so what's there to be fixed? It's mod related and mod authors should include the proper files with their mods that affect NPCs.

There's a few NPC mods out there that come without FaceGen files, and that causes color mismatches in game. Also some NPC mods affect settings that will only work properly on a new game.

So, check the NPC mod(s) you have and see if it includes the FaceGen data files in textures and meshes, if they have and you still see the discolored face, start a new game and see if that works. Your save games remember everything about the NPCs inside the game from game start, so if a mod for instance alters the weight slider then you get problems when you meet this NPC if the game was not started with the adjusted weight.

I'm having this same issue. I'm new to modding so I'm probably doing something wrong but having trouble determining what the issue is. I'm following the mod instructions but still getting the color mismatch issue between head and body. I think I have narrowed it down to the mod in question because I removed all mods and started adding them back in until I saw it resurface.

Added CBBE (full with face) - everything seems ok

Added in Apachii Hair (1.5, 1.3 female and 1.1 male) and this is where the mismatch happens.

Following the Apachii instructions and it says to make sure and add the body and face before installing this which I did (according to the CBBE documentation) but it doesn't work. I would just leave this one out but I hate the vanilla hair. :(

Anyone have any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

*Sniffles around the forums looking for my problem* Hi, I just came across the "same" problem. By "same" I mean it's color mismatching, but it's different from the neck seam. Basically the face of my character differs from the neck color. Above the neck seam. I don't know what caused it and how to fix it. Send help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have deleted data/textures/actors/*vanilla_races* folders

then I've installed CBBE body (NMM install) with face options turned on and it worked for me.

Better delete all your skin/body/face/hair texture replacement mods before doing this.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Nope... It just ruined all that was left... I've deleted textures then reinstalled my CBBE and all NPC's just became blue. Back to the topic, I have the same problem with my NPC's: their heads were more grey then the bodies. I had to use "Demoniac" body textures and "Face lihgt" for faces. I've already tried "Ctrl+F4" method and it didnt worked. So, if anyone have found working solution for this problem (and I hope there are any) I'll be glad to see it in this topic.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...