Should i join the imperial legion or stormcloaks?

TheMysteriousTraveler

I sided with the Stormcloaks because I tend to go for the underdog, and that's clearly why the Stormcloaks are even included in the Skyrim story. It's a Star Wars, American Revolution kind of situation, with maybe a tiny smidgeon of Czech/Polish partisan discontent thrown in.

In any case, the Legion wears skirts and that just isn't wise for the cold mountains of the north. So Stormcloaks win by virtue of not wearing skirts.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure whether I've been selectively deaf or not, but I've never heard any racist talk coming from Ulfric's mouth? Sure he's surrounded by racist, old-value boys, yet I've still to hear him say anything that could be considered at least mildly racist.

Chose Stormcloaks on my first character because I loved the thought of being a rebel, fighting an old and dying empire. Made a second character who was supposed to join the Legion, but ended up signing for the Stormcloaks again.

I'm not sure whether I've been selectively deaf or not, but I've never heard any racist talk coming from Ulfric's mouth? Sure he's surrounded by racist, old-value boys, yet I've still to hear him say anything that could be considered at least mildly racist.

It's pretty easy to read between the lines as far as Ulfric is concerned (look at his friends, look at his actions, look at Windhelm). Additionally, if you listen closely to what he says, his prejudice is definitely there.

Edited by xaliqen

Well tbh it's about what you want to be but firstly i went stromcloak as i was not very with my excecution then i checked out imperial side and tbh i liked the stormcloaks more than the imperials so in my choice pick the stormcloaks it's fun being part of a rebellion :biggrin:

I sided with the Stormcloaks because I tend to go for the underdog, and that's clearly why the Stormcloaks are even included in the Skyrim story. It's a Star Wars, American Revolution kind of situation, with maybe a tiny smidgeon of Czech/Polish partisan discontent thrown in.

In any case, the Legion wears skirts and that just isn't wise for the cold mountains of the north. So Stormcloaks win by virtue of not wearing skirts.

Scots, specificaly the Highlanders wore skirts and they lived in the mountions of Scotland. Skirts do belong in cold northern mountains.

Scottish ( 1/2) Pride!! Kilts forever!

The Aldmeri Dominion considers the Stormcloak rebellion beneficial to them, because it will further weaken the Empire, and deprive it of a province. Should the Stormcloaks win, The Empire will lose all the progress it has gained in its recovery. The Empire wants to fight the Aldmeri Dominion, but it's too weak. The Stormcloaks are racist and don't see that they are, in fact, the ones being manipulated by the Dominion. The Empire has to play along with the Dominion and enforce its will if they don't want to be annihilated. A Skyrim free from the Empire will assure the destruction of the Empire, and Skyrim will fall soon after that, and then Hammerfell. Then it'll be over, and Mer will prove its superiority over Man.

If the Empire wins, Skyrim will still be a part of the Empire, and they can continue recovering their strength in secret, and when the time is right, the Empire and Hammerfell can unite and continue the fight against the Dominion.

The Aldmeri Dominion considers the Stormcloak rebellion beneficial to them, because it will further weaken the Empire, and deprive it of a province. Should the Stormcloaks win, The Empire will lose all the progress it has gained in its recovery. The Empire wants to fight the Aldmeri Dominion, but it's too weak. The Stormcloaks are racist and don't see that they are, in fact, the ones being manipulated by the Dominion. The Empire has to play along with the Dominion and enforce its will if they don't want to be annihilated. A Skyrim free from the Empire will assure the destruction of the Empire, and Skyrim will fall soon after that, and then Hammerfell. Then it'll be over, and Mer will prove its superiority over Man.

If the Empire wins, Skyrim will still be a part of the Empire, and they can continue recovering their strength in secret, and when the time is right, the Empire and Hammerfell can unite and continue the fight against the Dominion.

Wait then why are the Thalmor helping the Imperials?

I played both and will probably never join the Legion again. After you complete the legion quest line and run into Legion members on the roads they threaten you and don't know who you are even with your Legion uniforms on. It totally kills the immersion. When you walk into Stormcloaks they are respectful, praise you and address you by your rank even without your uniform on.

Also, an extra tip visit all the cities before finishing the Civil War quest lines. In some cases the starting scene if it deals with Stormcloaks or Legion will not even know the civil war has ended. Dawnstar is a prime example the Jarl will threaten another npc not to send General Tullius any letters. I ran across this after I already killed General Tullius.