My Little Pony tag

BlackBaron2

Should they get their own section, like a joke section? Well, it has its up and downs, but I don't think we need it. For someone who is complaining that they are looking at retexes in the top-100 section and sees that My Little Poney: Friendship is Magic shields are somewhere in the middle of it, that's like complaining that there's another retex that turns ebony armor red. The community thinks it belongs there, so it's going to probably end up there, and just because it's a joke doesn't mean a modder for it doesn't go through the same amount of work as a more serious modder. That's just my spill... I was looking for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic stuff here on the nexus and this was the first result. :)

Should they get their own section, like a joke section? Well, it has its up and downs, but I don't think we need it. For someone who is complaining that they are looking at retexes in the top-100 section and sees that My Little Poney: Friendship is Magic shields are somewhere in the middle of it, that's like complaining that there's another retex that turns ebony armor red. The community thinks it belongs there, so it's going to probably end up there, and just because it's a joke doesn't mean a modder for it doesn't go through the same amount of work as a more serious modder. That's just my spill... I was looking for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic stuff here on the nexus and this was the first result. :)

For you, it was fine that there was MLP stuff in the middle of your search because you specifically wanted it. As you could probably tell from my previous post, I'm very serious with my mods. I completely avoid memes and joke mods for this reason, which is why, when I'm searching for mods, I would love the option to filter it. Then, if you wanted MLP stuff in your game, you could just search for that specifically without sifting through lore mods, while I could look for my lore mods without sifting through MLP stuff.

On one side, not liking MLP is like not enjoying an ebony retext. On the other hand MLP is completely lore-breaking, unrelated in any dimension to Skyrim except that ponies are a kind of horse, and any mention of MLP in Skyrim would break the immersion ten-fold. An ebony retext, on the other hand, is just subjective beauty. Some like it, some don't, but at the end of the day, ebony armor is lore-friendly in Skyrim. Not wanting a certain ebony armor doesn't mean we need a tag for it, but not wanting lore-breaking content encompasses a much broader scale of mods, meaning the tag could certainly be used often.

The real question here is this: Do we avoid putting a tag feature just because some members are indifferent and don't feel like having one? Or should we put one since it will bring some convenience to users like myself?

I don't see any reason not to designate a tag for silly mods besides some people exhibiting paranoia regarding trolls. But alas, that is why we have the report feature. Of course, trolls generally don't get specific when targetting mods, as seen in reference posts in the bans section of the forums, so I would think the #1 question in this contemplation is...why not?

And here we run into the conundrum, Who decides what is silly? You? Me? Some supposedly disinterested third party? :ermm: What if a mod you consider 'non silly' is tagged as silly? :psyduck:

The obvious answer is to have the author tag it. But if you have been following our tagging, Many don't bother tagging now. Then, what if the author doesn't consider it silly? - or if he really is trolling us, or if he wants those downloads even at the risk of the seemingly obligatory remarks it will draw?

Then, what about the nearly 50,000 or so existing mods? (Yeah we do have that many) Many of them were uploaded before we instituted any tagging at all. We do encourage people to tag them and we do have a procedure in place for that - but very few people even bother even when they complain that something is tagged wrong or not tagged.

Right now, the site is being recoded for better efficiency :dance: Maybe we can add some new tags and better filters when that part is reworked. :thumbsup: