SPEARS, Hello and other stuff

jonathanprice

Spears are awesome  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Spears are awesome

Its pretty simple doing a spear thrust anim, its the power attacks and other directional attacks that will be a bit tougher.

Or you could kindly ask the author of this mod for permission to use his or her animations.

Why not taking the code from Morrowind ? Morrowind has spears, right ? Maybe we can learn something about spears from Morrowind. All depends on CK now, but I sadly gotta a hunch that Bethesda will not give those. Already late from Xmas...

I'm surprised this wasn't the first mod made on the Nexus. Me and a friend smiled at each other and made a bet that it would be after hearing the news that the developers weren't adding them as a part of the vanilla game. I fully support this idea, even if my support is simply in text form or praise.

Polearms are the backbone of every medieval army and just have to be put into a proper game!

I'd like to see spears (onehanded and twohanded), halberds/glaives (twohanded). A pike could also be taken into consideration, especially as an anti-dragon weapon.

Spears are usually cheap and good at keeping the enemy at a distance, pikes are even better at that, but worthless in close combat. Halberds are extremely dangerous, so they should receive an armor penetration bonus.

• 2 weeks later...