Quest bug in The Battle for Windhelm

Sabi

Particularly when I enter Ulfric's palace with the Legate and General. They talk and everything, but when the fight starts the Legate and General don't respond or fight at all.

What is worse though is that when I defeat and put ulfric into submission it doesn't trigger the conversation where ulfric suggests I be the one to execute him.

I tried reloading from an earlier save before entering windhelm, and even before doing Fort Amol. So now I am stumped and not sure what to do.

I tried ShowQuestStages to try and advance the stage but that didn't seem to work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

The quest ID for this quest (and for The Battle for Solitude and possibly for Attack/Defense of Whiterun) is CWSiegeObj. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a fix to this bug yet either.

EDIT: I have also read somewhere that the problem is with Legate Rikke. The quest ID for "Unification of Skyrim" is CWObj.

Edited by DeadDove

• 1 month later...

I really hope Bethesda fixes this because bloody hell, I've spent the past 3 hours trying to figure out if my mods were messing with the quest or what.

Glad to see it's hopeless for now at least.