Mythic Dawn Mod

jackalhead

I'd like to see someone make a mod like Servant of The Dawn, but this time it takes place in Skyrim. Years after the collapse of the Mythic Dawn, a new prophet has been called to power by Lord Dagon and he has been instructed to rebuild an army and start re-opening the gates to Oblivion for one more attempt to overthrow Tamriel.

In the mod, you somehow get contacted by a mythic dawn missionary and are given hints as to the location of the Mythic Dawn shrine. You show up and take part in a sacrificial ritual to prove your loyalty and be accepted into the dawn.

Then from there you go on various missions and quests kidnapping people for sacrifices, collection powerful artifacts needed to open the main gate and helping your fellow acolytes open normal gates wherever strategically makes sense. Several of the missions can be helping the Daedra overtake the main key cities of Skyrim. Eventually, by the end of the campaign, you overthrow the old prophet and take his place. Once you have opened gates, you can use some sort of points you get from conducting sacrifices or having your acolytes conduct sacrifices to summon daedra forth from the gates. Once the daedra are summoned, you can have them wait wherever you want to stand guard for further attacks or have them follow you to help you out.

When you become Prophet, just like in Servant of The Dawn, you are responsible for making sure each of your sanctuaries and Oblivion gates are well protected with either recruited acolytes, templars or daedra. The reason they need to be well guarded is because once every 3 days, a random one of your shrines or gates is attacked by soldiers of the nearest city or Thalmor or whatnot.

As a reward, once you have dominion of the entire province, you are given your own Paradise as the new prophet.

I approve of this idea. Honestly, with the new additions in Skyrim, it's almost an insult to NOT do something like this.

Oh, also, we need Siege Gates. J3X's old Oblivion Gate mod was cool and all, but he moved on to Fallout 3 before he could finish it, and there were loads of requests for both the Siege Crawler and Siege Gates. So maybe an option or quest added in for destroying a Hold.

Whenever the Construction Kit comes out, I'm going to do my damndest to try and learn it, because I want some kind of minion mod.

Working on getting a fully functioning Oblivion Gate will be my first project. :D

Yes, but didn't the last of the Dragonborns die out with Martin Septim? And hasn't the Empire been ravaged with war against the Thalmor, and other civic unrests for the past 183 years or so? The Imperial City itself was sacked in the Fourth Era.

What I'm saying is that there is no possible way the Empire could prevent other Oblivion gates from opening, without the Amulet of Kings nor a proper Dovahkiin Emperor. And who's to say the Mythic Dawn wouldn't revive itself, with a Dragonborn warrior on their side, and a crumbling Empire in front of them?

Not only that, but Oblivion Gates themselves aren't limited to Dagon's realm. There is easily enough Dremora and Atronachs in Malcath's realm as there is in the fiery seas of Dagon's realm.

I've been wanting to make a mod where you open gates to Azura's, Sheogorath's, or any other Daedric Prince's realm for a while, but from a technical standpoint, it's probably better to start with the simple hellfire and brimstone of the classic Oblivion Gates.