Minion mod requests

IxionInc

In my long past with Bethesda games, and the mods that were wrought in their wake, I've come across many that have attempted to place the player in the backseat, while their armies of minions, be them from an Oblivion Gate, or an Enclave Vertibird, slaughtered their enemies.

Now that I've proceeded on to Skyrim, I'm excited at the possibilities that will come. So much so, I'm even willing to create my own. Since I don't want to make a whole lot of posts, I figured I'd compile the ideas I have into one thing.

First idea: Necromancy.

This is something that's spawned many mods in Oblivion, and I'm certain that it will happen in Skyrim, but I just want to emphasize the numerous opportunities we have with the concept. Ice Wraiths, Undead Dragons, Draugr, Corrupted Shades, and even Wisps! There are so many undead beasties that just beg to be controlled, including the basic Skeletons, Ghosts and Liches.

You could summon the Undead through a summoning circle spell (Like a lightning rune), or with one of the Master Conjuring spells (Flame Thrall).

Second idea: Dwemeri Engineering.

With the massive influx of Undead, we also now have a next-gen, tangible concept for Steampunk type mods. I feel there should be a minion mod focusing around these mechanical automatons. Something along the lines of TalkieToaster's RobCo Engineer mod, where you can rebuild any of the Dwemeri constructs you slay as permanent companions, and customize them with different enchantments and weaponry.

Third idea: Oblivion Gates.

Servant of the Dawn and J3X's Oblivion Gate mod were wonderful, but the AI for the Daedra servitors you called forth was more than a little bad. Follower AI in Fallout 3 improved, but the setting is different. In Skyrim, there's a museum for the Mythic Dawn, holding all the Commentaries, and the first page to the Mysterium Xarxes. You can even get Mehrune's Razor for crying out loud.

It would be an insult to NOT make a mod where you conjure a fiery Oblivon Gate, and destroy Windhelm with a Siege Crawler.

I think that at the lesser stages of the mod, you can summon and bind Daedra through a temporary portal which appears and vanishes like in Enclave Commander (Think lightning runes again), and as you work your way up the chain, you can summon full Oblivion Gates with AI scripts that cause the Daedra to siege towns, and eventually be able to create a Siege Gate, and summon a Siege Crawler to destroy the town. The last part may take a bit of work though, but it would totally be worth it.

I honestly think I may work to compile all of these concepts in some kind of village/empire building mod, centered around being a Conjurer, Necromancer, or Technomage, and gathering resources and stuff (I'm certain Skeletons and Dremora can use tanning racks just like a Nord!), in the same vein as Real Time Settler. But I figured I'd throw these ideas out there in case anyone would take the task of making them.