HELP!!!!

lordochees

hi

i have this game on xbox but wanted so much to play bloodmoon and tribunal that i bought the goty edition. i loaded it and it worked fine but i tried to start a new game, as soon as jiub is about to talk it says this:

Invalid File Handle: D:\\data files\sound\Vo\Misc\CharGenName1.mp3

then it says 'continue to run executible? yes/no' i click yes and it closes to the desktop. i click no and it closes to the desktop.

plz help cause i realy wanna play bloodmoon and tribunal.

btw, where can i locate that awesome looking ice armour/sword? i HAVE to have it. thanx :nazgul: lol that is so cool :nazgul:

Hmm...the D:\\data files\sound\Vo\Misc\CharGenName1.mp3 is where Jiub asks what the PC's name is. That is missing from its Sound file. Reinstalling will hopefully replace the missing files. If you have any other saved games, be sure to back them up before the reinstall.

How many hard drives do you have? The reason I ask is that, if it is only 1, normally the hard drive is C: and the CD or DVD drive is D:, which would mean that, for some strange reason, the game is looking for the file on the actual CD rather than the hard drive. If it is two, then check that the game is actually installed on the D: drive, as that seems to be where the game is looking for that file. If it isn't, try uninstalling then reinstalling on the D: drive. Come to think of it, even if it is, sometimes games don't work properly unless they're installed on the C: drive, so you could try reinstalling on the other hard drive either way.

If you do only have one hard drive, sorry, got no idea what could be going on there. :(

i have 3 drives (c,d,e. not including a&f). im pretty sure its loaded right. the reason its on d is because d has 10 gigs and c has 2. and my mum uses c for documents and crap. i spose i could try it on c and shift some big files to d. ill try that.

i showed my mum and she said it might mean that the file is missing. is it possible to send me the file or would that be illegal or sumthink? thanks for the help so far guys.

i got a weird setup like yours

DVD Burner in E:

Cd Burner (48x) in F:

14gig HD in C:

(new) 20gig HD in D: ... (hey, it was only $20...its like a dollar a gig :D )

now, i have come across this problem on my computer, and it turned out to be my cd drive, so i changed them around to by CD Burner in E: and it ran fine, in fact, faster, because DVD Burners are only good for dvd burning, horrible for reading cd's.

but, just do a little experimenting, driver changing, re-installing, copying all the speech files to some folder in the morrowind directory, although i dont know where, im sure someone can tell you, if it doesnt work, hopefully it was bought from EB (electronics boutique) and hopefully it hasnt been 7 days, and hopefully you have your receipt, because youll have to swap it for another copy....or try cleaning the cd.

no your not, that 52x reader is faster than my cd burner that writes at 48x, just try deleting morrowind and re-installing, or cleaning the cd, something should work, otherwise find a friend who has the game, or someone you know, borrow it, play it with that cd, and see if it messes up.

Archived