TESSnip - Successful in all but one respect

Modslave

Hey all I've actually successfully created a plugin which strips a dual enchant off a pre-enchanted item in Skyrim. I've successfully been able to run the game with the plugin and the item is in my inventory with no enchants any more, its is upgradeable at the forge, but will not take a new enchantment which was the point of me stripping the enchant from the item in TESSnip hard mode anyways.

Anyways the EITM subrecord in TESSnip holds the enchantment form id, so removing that stripped the base enchantment off the item when using the plugin...and that was great but I can't identify any sub record or flag setting that enables an item as enchantable, ensuring an item is upgradable is easy enough using the COBJ records, if the item has a base COBJ record, but on enchantments I'm stymied as ENCH simply refers to predesigned enchanments which can be applied in EITM and nothing else appears to apply.

I spent several hours comparing similar unenchanted items from the Skyrim.esm and the only apparent difference is the EITM sub record for the item. Unenchanted armors, which are enchantable by default have no EITM sub record. This appears to be the only discernible difference but as stated, while I've definitely got the item just down to base stats and forge upgradable, it just doesn't show up in my enchantment menu at all.

Granted this will be a lot easier to work out once theres the CK is out but thought I'd throw the question out there for anyone that might have run into similar issues using TESSnip as an interim tool.

Here I am wishing Timeslip had a wiki somewhere.

I had a similar problem with my Playable Greybeard Robe mod. I stripped all the enchantments from the items, the boots and hood were enchantable afterwards but the robe itself was not, but i had changed some other records to make it playable.

Take a look at the KSIZ and KWDA records. Matching the KSIZ value to the size of KWDA fixed the issue for me. KWDA contains info about the type of the item, and it looks like KSIZ must match the count of types that KWDA contains. For example if the size of KWDA is 12 (ie. three formIDs), the KSIZ value must be 03 00 00 00, if KWDA size is 16, KSIZ must be 04 00 00 00 and so on. If it doesnt match, it won't work, at least in my experience.

Edited by Volek

Hrrm my KSIZ and KWDA appear to be correct. KWDA is 24, KSIZ is 06 00 00 00, if I'm doing the exponential math right, that should be correct for the item.

Will compare KSIZ/KWDA for similar items, perhaps adjusting the item I'm editing to their values will achieve what I'm attempting to do here.

One of the WORDs in KWDA for the item will map to record with Editor ID something like DisallowEnchanting. Remove that WORD from the item's KWDA and try it again.

Edit: to find it, load both your Skyrim.esm and the plugin TESsnip, then select the first byte of the WORD and click "Look Up". This will look through records in the plugin and master files, by Form ID.

Edited by Lucubration