(Another) Destruction mod

a7r3ides

Greetings all, I originally wrote this as a comment on an existing Destruction mod. I'm posting it here to (maybe) give someone an idea, or hopefully help find a way to better balance destruction without making it feel cheap (stunlocking).

Is it possible to make spells do a % of your current target's health in addition to the flat damage? For example, to make the Flames spell effective at all levels, leave its base damage as is, while also doing 1% of your current target's HP per second (dual casting to 2.2%(?) per second). Or Incinerate that also does 3% of your target's HP (6.6%(?) dual cast). This percentage would also be reduced by resistances, and increased by perks.

If anyone does this ever, the % would have to be reduced against bosses, otherwise it would make them too easy IMO. Thanks for you time.

Edit: fixed a typo.

Edit 2: I found this mod, which seems to be what I'm after more or less. I guess I'll just track that one and wait for the construction set, I'm happy with that.

Edited by a7r3ides

You might be interested in my Battle Mage mod. It scales destruction spells as you invest in novice/apprentice/adept/expert/master perks. No console commands required! By mastery, you should have a pretty decent arsenal of destruction spells without being overpowered. I'm trying to get plenty of feedback and suggestions for improvement. Here's the link: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2275