Follower doesn't look right

LollieRot

I've been scouring tutorials, websites, and forum posts and after many tribulations, my follower is in the game and not wandering off. Now my problem is this: he doesn't look like what I made.

I did notice the grey skin, which I believe is the war paint bug (which I still haven't figured out). But I'm referring to facial features. Also, the shaved side of his head, the hairline file, seems to be clipping into his head. I'm assuming this has to do with me adjusting his height in the .npc file when I exported and not messing with it in his .esp.

I wasn't allowed to post the image (?) but here's the direct link to the image to see what I'm talking about: http://imgur.com/a/0xEmm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was able to fix the grey skin and hair clipping. Grey skin with facegen export (but still can't add warpaint on him for some reason) and clipping by using the correct scalp. NifSkope had said that it was using the curlyscalp nif, but it was actually using a different one. Something like that.

Still having the issue of his face not looking correct. I've tried importing the .npc file, but it just gives me a basic Breton. I've also tried the import in addition to updating the textures, but I just get the same result as above.

Oh yes, many times. It's how I resolved my grey skin.

The character doesn't appear correctly in CK either. I've triple checked to make sure any mods that would affect his appearance are loaded. However, there are a couple of mods that might be altering him that CK won't let me load. I assumed they were texture replacers so I didn't need to worry about them:

High Res Facemaps for Men

No More Blocky Faces

Smooth Male Body

Fine Face Textures for Men (This one was a replacer, it does load into CK)

Oh yes, many times. It's how I resolved my grey skin.

The character doesn't appear correctly in CK either. I've triple checked to make sure any mods that would affect his appearance are loaded. However, there are a couple of mods that might be altering him that CK won't let me load. I assumed they were texture replacers so I didn't need to worry about them:

High Res Facemaps for Men

No More Blocky Faces

Smooth Male Body

Fine Face Textures for Men (This one was a replacer, it does load into CK)

If the files are loose they could very well be affecting how your follower looks. I'd suggest you remove any such mods that affect NPC appearance and see how he looks then. Always safest to work in as vanilla and mod-free environment as possible when you're testing out a mod.

I use a mod creation profile in Mod Organizer with only the official DLC files and nothing else active so I know my testing area is clean.