Replacing meshes

XFaLlOuTgOdX

I'm curious; did you replace the head mesh with a custom mesh? If so, how?

I would like to know how to replace meshes as well. I want to get rid of the slanted eyes for elves.

That gets more complicated than replacing a regular model, the data for faces is also contained in the .tri files. I'm waiting for the CK so I can get a better feel for things as far as character creation goes. I'll be writing tutorials then.

That gets more complicated than replacing a regular model, the data for faces is also contained in the .tri files. I'm waiting for the CK so I can get a better feel for things as far as character creation goes. I'll be writing tutorials then.

I've been digging around for some information on this myself and only found that they're more complicated due to the face data like you said. Great to hear you're looking to write some tutorials on the subject.

I've been digging around for some information on this myself and only found that they're more complicated due to the face data like you said. Great to hear you're looking to write some tutorials on the subject.

If you're looking for a leg up, I have some tools and a windy writeup here. Most of it isn't valid here, as they're not using the .egm files, only .tri to store morph data, but not the eye morphs, which is good, cos those are a pain.

If you're looking for a leg up, I have some tools and a windy writeup here. Most of it isn't valid here, as they're not using the .egm files, only .tri to store morph data, but not the eye morphs, which is good, cos those are a pain.

I'm actually looking to create a custom race when the CK comes out. Seeing as that could still take a couple of weeks, I was actually investigating if it would be possible to get a custom head mesh into the game with the tools available right now. Doesn't look like it's possible right now, but I'll just read your tutorial while we all wait for Bethesda to release their tools. Thanks.

I'm curious; did you replace the head mesh with a custom mesh? If so, how?

I would like to know how to replace meshes as well. I want to get rid of the slanted eyes for elves.

Ah I see, well thank you for letting me know. I'll be looking forward to your tutorials. :laugh: