I'm curious about something regarding image submissions

VaryelStudios

You guys have rules that state "images including nudity should not be posted" (not a direct quote, just paraphrasing), but there's a couple things about this rule that I have issues with, and I'd like to bring them forward.

1. I posted two images today that by all accounts included nudity, but because I wanted to share them here I censored them in a way that nothing that would violate the rules was visible. Nipples were censored, nothing else was shown, there should have been no issue. I have other images posted here of a follower I was working on that by all accounts included nudity as well, the only difference was how I censored them. For those I used the symbol for my gaming community, for this I pixelated any "questionable" content as would be done on TV or similar situations. So I'm curious why this set of images got removed and why I was warned for it. On top of that, why is there even a flag for mature content on the image submission page if I can't even post a censored female nipple, that doesn't make any sense to me at all.

On that note, if anyone wants to see the censored images I can provide a link, but I won't post it here.

2. This problem is probably what upsets me the most. I find it incredibly, to be completely honest, dumb, that I could post an image here of a shirtless guy with no issue, no warnings, nothing, however the minute I post a picture of a shirtless woman for some reason it warrants a warning even when it's censored. If that continues to be the case I might as well just do what people did with Instagram, and post my images after editing the female nipples to be covered by male nipples, there should be no issue then, because if there's a problem with the skin that forms breasts even when the nipple is covered, I just don't know what to say. I'm not even sure what the apparent difference between the two is though, and that's why I'm so upset. If people can post male characters shirtless, there should be no reason that they can't post female characters shirtless. That's my take, and rant, on that.

tl;dr: I see some glaring issues in regards to the rule about mature content with images, such as there being no issue with posting shirtless male pictures, but even censored shirtless female pictures warrant warnings.

Please not I am not posting this thread out of bitterness, but because I see a problem that I wanted to bring to people's attention. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything of the sort.

Censored nudity is addressed in the Terms of Service:

No nudity
Images showing nudity are absolutely prohibited in the normal image share. This rule is applicable to images showing full frontal/rear nudity and partial nudity (uncovered breasts, genitals, buttocks), pictures showing characters wearing extremely revealing outfits (transparent, semi-transparent dresses, string bikinis, micro-bikinis, clothes that leave sensitive areas or pubic hair visible). Rear-view images of topless female characters are tolerated as long as they are tagged as adult and the pose does not expose a full or partial side view of the breasts. Using patches/pasties/butterflies to cover up non-permissible body parts or images showing characters using their hands to cover up otherwise naked body parts are also not acceptable. Environmental objects (e.g. shrubberies) can be used as long as the 'sensitive' areas are sufficiently covered (the same as the cover a standard bikini would offer).

Non-human/beast races that normally wear clothes or are assumed to wear clothes in the in-game world are considered nude if they are not dressed in the uploaded image the same way that a human would be considered nude or inadequately dressed.

Mature content other than nudity

Images showing gore, extreme violence, skimpy outfits and any other subjects that would be frowned upon in a conservative working environment or on a family friendly beach should be tagged as Adult. You should note that tagging an image as Adult does not exempt you from the no-nudity rule on Nexus, the term adult means: content, other than nudity, that is not safe for work/not safe for minors.

So attempting to cover up female nipples with male nipples will just earn you your final warning and the removal of your image upload privileges.

Seriously man as stated above you should have seen it coming. There is a image section for supporter/premium members that is a lot less strict on this site you could use instead and this whole issue for you wouldnt exist.

Alright. I'm just going to leave one thing here.

There's this image, hosted here and linked to in the ToS:

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/110/1-1385040479.jpg

and based on what it says, "if this area is exposed", the way it is worded implies that you can freely censor the area and there should be no issue. If that is not the case, this image should be edited or taken out of the ToS. I don't mean that with any rude intention.

Edited by yevvie

We could see the nipples in your images man... That was clearly not allowed by the ToS. That picture says it fine. Seriously just pay two dollars and become a supporter (by the way that is a one time payment) and use the supporter image section that allows nudity.

Alright. I'm just going to leave one thing here.

There's this image, hosted here and linked to in the ToS:

and based on what it says, "if this area is exposed", the way it is worded implies that you can freely censor the area and there should be no issue. If that is not the case, this image should be edited or taken out of the ToS. I don't mean that with any rude intention.

The image should be interpreted in light of the written rules instead of taking it out of context. The image shows what areas should not be exposed. The written rules clarify what kind of coverage is acceptable.

Pay for a supporters membership, it's a one off payment of next to nothing and then you can post whatever you like in the supporters imageshare as long as it's legal, I don't think anyone would want a return to the days before the ban on nudity, the imageshares were an embarrassment.