Skyrim; Populatuion: 750

uruku7

I was just walking from solitude to winterhold along the coast for fun and noticed something that you guys could use...

there are literally 0 fishing villages! there should be little fishing villages all along the coastline and on the islands, like the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell

also, I hate how there is a fishery in Riften but not in Dawnstar or Solitude; maybe you could add them there?

another idea I had... maybe for certain mines/forts you could make them "civilized" via scripting after you clear them... exactly like the Imperials in Fort Greymoor (I think it's called that..) west of Whiterun. For example, you could clear an abandoned, spider-infested mine and come back 30 days later and it is back open, filled with miners and a new camp outside the front door. Of course, an evil character could wipe out the new miners and the mine would later be infested by spiders or bandits again... any enemy type, really, to keep things fresh :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPU performance needs to be a priority when designing these mods. Things to keep in mind:

Cell transitions. Too many, and at the same time, causes all sorts of problems. Need to stagger their time schedules, or simplify them down (i.e. eating and sleeping in the same cell).

# of actors on screen. Someone already mentioned 50, which is much more than was stable in Oblivion. Hopefully there's some improvement here.

Needs a LOT more new living spaces. Otherwise, people don't have beds/chairs/such and breaks immersion.

Several flavors of the mod for various computer configurations.

• 2 weeks later...

as long as such a mod had some kind of slider or parameter to control the 'population density' it would be cool, ie. for lower end computers they might not want a hundred people, but maybe only 10 or 20 extra in each town :)

This sounds cool though, i like the name of the thread too, really hits the nail on the head lmao.

heres an easy fix for bedding...

replace stock beds with bunkbeds, especially in military locations this would be commonplace anyways, and youve instantly setup the necessary requirements for atleast twice as many guards ;)

I can picture the streets of solitude bustling with children actually, which would be easy to make lots of bunkbeds for.. many of them can just be street urchins like in Fable, up all night and day, or you can even use a lot of the empty space around town and put little cots around there or somin.

I registered because of this thread. :biggrin:

I would like to see Whiterun,Solitude,Windhelm with more people.And some new Ai random encounters. :D

Just imagine a hunter chasing a deer,killing her and then taking the leather and meat to sell in a general store/inn.

Edited by Havar

Would love to see this come into fruition.

A lot of cities have their assigned areas already. Whiterun has the plains, wind and clouds districts while Windhelm has the Gray Quarter - The more prominent cities have their "sectors" cut up pretty clearly. Creating a new area for each and transitioning through a door/gate to get to another area, much like the Imperial city in oblivion, shouldn't be too hard, but what do i know, i barely played with CK/CS in morrowind and oblivion :tongue:

Would love to see more stables, farms and a much larger market place in Whiterun as well, Whiterun is meant to be a big trading hub, but the square in Riften seems to have more traders :huh:

In Windhelm I'd like to see many, many more dunmer and argonians wandering around, 7-8 of them shouldnt be cause for resentment.

In Riften, I'd love to see a few more prominent families and possible questlines between them (and consequently attempts to route the thieves guild) it's cool and all how the Black-briars rule the city, but It'd be much cooler doing a questline bringing them there. Also more places for thieves to steal from, as it is it's pretty cool watching thieves get killed by guards, but i'd love to see a few more running around the rooftops and whatnot.

In Markath, the warrens need work! some slums they are, each of them have their own room and bed and there are only 8 or so rooms. The Reach is a pretty big producer of silver ware and products but there seems to be only one family heading that?

I'm using the United Kingdom Aero Theme on Win 7, and one of the UK locations is Dunnottar Castle in Scotland. IMO, it looks like the perfect location for Winterhold College. I can just see the town of Winterhold spread out in the foreground and high above it, the College. The castle could be the College and the other buildings are perhaps a temple and the homes of the mages.

http://mi9.com/uploads/landscape/2867/dunnottar-castle-in-britain_800x600_47909.jpg

Edited by cooltrickle

• 1 month later...

I think that before any of the huge expanding cities are created, basically just doubling the population with travellers and wanderers. They could just walk through the bush aimlessly but at least they would be there. I also don't care much for the whole "Oh no, he's a person. That means he MUST have a bed." Yeah, I think just people wandering around the cities, and at night time just going to the pub. After all, pubs are open forever!

THIS!!

Especially the pub part. Cause pubs are inns too in Skyrim, so it makes sense for random travellers to be there. And it's not like anyone will sit around the whole night in an inn and notice that "Hey! None of these random NPC's are going home/to bed!". And during the day they can just wander around the markets playing tourists or whatever.

Also I'd like it if there were NPC's that travelled between cities regularly, like, going from Winhelm to Riften and back, just going through all the little villages on the road there without stopping. So you could see the on the road and maybe be like, "Oh hey, I saw him/her outside Winhelm yesterday. Why's s/he here?