More Options for Giving Followers Commands

tots0tater

This would be really great, especially if the followers could be set to get the max ore from a vein.

I haven't spent much time with followers after accidentally killing Lydia (I don't trust myself), but some things that I would put on the "it would really awesome if partners were able to" list are:

Harvest ingredients/bodies/containers nearby

Make potions

Smith armor/weapons (might get tricky if you want something specific, though)

Use a specific combat style (healer, melee, ranged, magic, etc.)

So, basically most of the stuff that CM Partners and CSR let us do in Oblivion. :P

A better interface for followers is what is really needed, IMHO. Ideally they should just have some FPS style hotkeys (F1, F2 etc) linked to their basic functions - attack, loot, move over there, etc. That way you wouldn't have to constantly stop them & engage in direct conversation to make them do everything.

• 4 weeks later...
Its completely baffling how Obsidian can take a huge step forward with the companion wheel and Bethesda can completely ignore that for an identical concept in Skyrim. The ideal companion command setup exists already in FNV, it just has to be translated to Skyrim.

Simply put, I want to multitask mining when there is more than one vein around... Or if I just don't want to mine it at all.

There may be more things that your follower could possibly do, but none are coming to me right now.

Or you could mod the animation out of mining, to allow ore to be gathered like any other havestable item.

A couple of mods I'd like to work on when the CK comes out that may help you:

1. A mod that automatically collects (plants, sacks, barrels, etc) items that show up in your cross hairs without clicking.

2. A mod that (among other things) will allow you to select the profile, class and skill preferences of your follower.

Simply put, I want to multitask mining when there is more than one vein around... Or if I just don't want to mine it at all.

There may be more things that your follower could possibly do, but none are coming to me right now.

Or you could mod the animation out of mining, to allow ore to be gathered like any other havestable item.

A couple of mods I'd like to work on when the CK comes out that may help you:

1. A mod that automatically collects (plants, sacks, barrels, etc) items that show up in your cross hairs without clicking.

2. A mod that (among other things) will allow you to select the profile, class and skill preferences of your follower.

Um. You know if you simply hit it with a pickaxe, you'll mine the ore, right?

• 2 years later...

I think it'd be neat if you could command a follower to use an alchemy table/enchanting table/forge to craft items using their skill, and to just have the camera looking at the follower grinding ingredients, leaning on the table, working the bellows, and all the other animations. It'd also be cool to have the follower sneak up to an enemy and slit their throat or something if you ordered an attack on an enemy while sneaking.

EDIT: I just realized that this topic is three years old. xD

Edited by BloodskalBarbarian