Support for a guy afraid of big spiders

banditjingx

Ok guys,

I know you're the gods in terms of skyrim and co.

So I have just one little question:

Right now I'm at the Quest for searching for the dragonstone by orders of the courtmage of witherun(pretty much at the beginning of the game, don't even have my shouts yet) and somewhere deep in the tomb is an insanely crazy giant FU*** spider.

Since I suffer from traumatic arachnophobia I can't bring myself to get past the thing( I can kill it via godmode but getting close is my problem), so my question is, if I could use the command/cheat "disable" to remove this shi**** creature after its dead, without breaking the whole game(I don't care about the tomb though)???

Well if you could answer me as fas as you could I'd realy appreciate it.

Many Thanks in andvance.

Oh yeah right, one thing still: I already use the mod for bears instead of spiders but till now thats the first one ive encoutered so I don't know if it works, or just works on the tiny ones........god I want to continue playing, please help me.

thx

Tom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if using the console will break anything, but otherwise you can easily kill it from a distance if you have a bow or magic. You know the passage you go through right before the spider comes? Run back there as soon as the spider shows up. He will follow you, but he is too big for the passage, so you can safely hit him with arrows from there.

EDIT: Otherwise, the only thing I can think of that could break the game in this case is if that trapped dark elf doesn't react to the spider being dead afterwards. But in that case you should find out pretty quickly. If he acts like intended afterwards, you shouldn't need to worry.

Edited by amycus

Type "killall" in the console, it will, obviously, kill every person or creature in that area. It could kill other people or animals that you didn't know was there, but the command only works for that room. Like, if you have to load to get inside a room, that's one area. If you used "killall" outside in Skyrim, it would kill everything.

In theory (haven't tested this one), if you killed someone who shouldn't have died, you can type "ResurrectActor" then use your mouse (inside the console) and click the dead person, and he/she/it should be alive. I'm NOT sure about this one.

If you encounter a spider, open the console, click on the spider and type kill. (Does this still work? I haven't tried it but I assume that it does.)

But he wrote that killing the spider is not a problem. But he cannot go close to him and he need to remove the body of the spider from the place.

Ask some friend to finish this quest for you. As far as I know, this spider is a quest related one and it is not possible to delete him. And you need go through this quest, because it is a part of the main story line.

I don't think that the spider is questrelated in any more sense than that the darkelf is reacting to whether its alive or dead. and I think that he should still act as intended even if you remove the coprse through the console. Even if he doesn't, he should still wear that certain item you need to continue. So, just make sure to kill and loot the darkelf and you should be ready to continue.

wow you serious? whats the big deal it's a video game not gonna hurt you irl or anything, just kill it and get it over with, gotta face your fears sometime lol, and if you don't just open the console with ~ click the spider and type kill

it will kill the spider for you...

btw i know i'm being harsh, but i mean c'mon it's a damn game lol, i don't know about some people ><

wow you serious? whats the big deal it's a video game not gonna hurt you irl or anything, just kill it and get it over with, gotta face your fears sometime lol, and if you don't just open the console with ~ click the spider and type kill

it will kill the spider for you...

btw i know i'm being harsh, but i mean c'mon it's a damn game lol, i don't know about some people ><

You'd be surprised at some of the phobias in the world. I've seen people that are hysterically afraid of balloons. Arachnophobia isn't that bad considering spiders aren't exactly cuddly.