Support for a guy afraid of big spiders

banditjingx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks again for the many answers.

I'll take some ur encouragement posts with me into the game(and hopefully into rel life) and squash tehem thinking they were a little brother I couldn't stand(geez i'm evil^^)

But seriosly, since I'm not the typical forum writer, I hope, that with this post I can close the topic, because my e-mail account is bursting, as I noticed a while ago.

But yeah making fun of my fears is a good idea I'll try it, after I beat that f**** dragon without going CTD T_T

Thanks again u guys and till next topic.

P.S.

Remember: Case closed

thx

FYI that spider you think is big ... he is just a baby, there are much bigger and more dangerous spiders in the deep dark depths.

There I was minding my own business looting a vampires corpse when I could feel a sudden chill crawl up my spine and hear the scuttling in the dark.

A quick look to my left then to my right provided no help in locating the source of my building terror.

BAMMMMMMMMM this Tyrannosaurus spider drops on top of me and decides I am lunch...I just ran, ran all the way back to the entrance with this

massive spider trying its hardest to kill me. I dodged all the traps on my way out the main hall way cleared the table in one leap and just before I got to the door

I hear this TWANG and SLAM.

Seems old spidey wasn't so good in avoiding the swinging spike wall trap... I went back to investigate and found him quite dead at the base of the trap.

Never I'm my entire life have I ever had any game scare the s*** out of me quite like this game has, I have to go buy more pants now.

My advice is .. get the bear mod, cause if that little spider scares you the bigger ones will give you a heart attack.

hehe you gotta love the new traps they have in skyrim, they are much better than what they had in oblivion.

"Tho having a bear drop on you could be worse."

ohh yeah BTW if you want to know what that is like come over to Australia and see a drop bear in action :biggrin:

I am in general not afraid of fauna.

I know how to handle poisonous snakes, no problem. I have also been trained to know how to chase bears away with a bean-bag gun.

Spiders scare the s*** out of me, even small ones. Insects arent a problem. Once the CS is out I am considering making a mod that will change Spiders into Wasps or something that would realistically fit in.

But I'd think being an amazing Nordic harbinger of death who kills dragons, that'd at least give you some courage to kill that spider in his face. A phobia's a phobia I guess.

Funny you mention that. If you play through a certain quest (I won't post any spoiler) and think about your comment that may put a smile on your face. ;)

Well, thanks again for the many answers.

I'll take some ur encouragement posts with me into the game(and hopefully into rel life) and squash tehem thinking they were a little brother I couldn't stand(geez i'm evil^^)

But seriosly, since I'm not the typical forum writer, I hope, that with this post I can close the topic, because my e-mail account is bursting, as I noticed a while ago.

But yeah making fun of my fears is a good idea I'll try it, after I beat that f**** dragon without going CTD T_T

Thanks again u guys and till next topic.

P.S.

Remember: Case closed

thx

You should probably change your settings to no notifications (and just come check now and then) or the once a day notification. :)

Cheers.

Just wanted to say respecting people and their phobias is a completely different thing than empowering their fears. Or do you empower a persons nation by not harassing them for being born in it?

I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

Following your logic I should be harassed because I'm French and you don't like France? (an example). I'm sorry but harassing someone because of their nationality seems a lot like prejudice (even racism or bigotry) to me.

Edited by Shantih

I have a friend who used to be terrified of tomato sauce. he went pale and quiet if it was in the same room as him. After several years of me and my mates abusing him, throwing it at him and hiding it in his food he finally summed up the courage to try a spoonful (after which he immediately threw up). The point is- he's no longer terrified of ketchup, merely disgusted by it.

Maybe you could get rid of your fear by easing yourself into it. Spawn a tiny spider at 0.01 scale so it's just a dot and kill it. then another one at 0.2 scale etc... then slowly work your way up :P