Support for a guy afraid of big spiders

banditjingx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but it's not a spider. it's a digital representation of one >.>

the most it can do is crawl up to the front of the screen and wave around. plus you get to stick a sword in it.

If you really can't stand to see spiders, try playing a mage and just blasting fire everywhere.

Excuse me sir, do you know what it's like to have arachnaphobia?

You don't comprehend how it's like, because you can't. The spider looks lifelike, with huge fangs.

If it was 8-bit graphics, who cares? These are HD graphics, where everything is lifelike.

That's the main problem with arachnaphobia in games, It's LIFELIKE.

easy fix...don't play games that have spiders :P

Yes i know wtf a phobia is, i just do not see the point in being scared of a stupid spider in a game is all, i mean it can't hurt you or even do anything, then again i guess i'm different than people with fears cause i don't scare easy or at all really, and besides i have a creepy crawlies for pets and some tarantula's :)

You obiviously dont know it.

Hint: If he was afraid only because it really could hurt him it wouldnt be a phobia.

FYI that spider you think is big ... he is just a baby, there are much bigger and more dangerous spiders in the deep dark depths.

There I was minding my own business looting a vampires corpse when I could feel a sudden chill crawl up my spine and hear the scuttling in the dark.

A quick look to my left then to my right provided no help in locating the source of my building terror.

BAMMMMMMMMM this Tyrannosaurus spider drops on top of me and decides I am lunch...I just ran, ran all the way back to the entrance with this

massive spider trying its hardest to kill me. I dodged all the traps on my way out the main hall way cleared the table in one leap and just before I got to the door

I hear this TWANG and SLAM.

Seems old spidey wasn't so good in avoiding the swinging spike wall trap... I went back to investigate and found him quite dead at the base of the trap.

Never I'm my entire life have I ever had any game scare the s*** out of me quite like this game has, I have to go buy more pants now.

My advice is .. get the bear mod, cause if that little spider scares you the bigger ones will give you a heart attack.

Tho having a bear drop on you could be worse.

Edited by Pixelfrog1

One tip I have to avoid getting a spider down your collar is to mind the ceiling. If you see any suspicious webholes, then avoid them, or blast fire up 'em. So far, I haven't seen many spiders outside their usual tell-tale webbed horrid quagmires of unspeakable, nameless nightmares colonies. I have seen a few outdoors, but at least there is plenty of space for me to flee in horror valiantly charge at them in another direction.

Of course, they do appear in the loading screens... I don't recommend passing through one while drinking hot coffee.

My character was flailing blindly with a sword while I avoided looking at the screen; fortunately, Lydia does not suffer from an irrational fear of a horrifying arrangement of pixils. We survived. I swallowed my pride, and got the bear mod.

Has anyone got into contact with the modder responsible for the bear mod? If some spiders need to be changed it shouldn't be too hard for the original modder to fix this.

Bears may be more dangerous (at least comparatively since spiders are tiny creatures in the real world) but there is nothing rational about a phobia.

People can face mild phobias, I for one can face spiders as long as I don't have to be in direct contact with them but they utterly disgust me and make my flesh crawl and I can only imagine what it's like for the OP.

Let me remind you that in more extreme cases people have been known to get heart attacks so this is no laughing matter.

Would people make fun of someone with severe claustrophobia? I think not.

easy fix...don't play games that have spiders :P

You find it amusing because you most definitely don't get what it's like to suffer from such a condition.

Would you make fun of someone with a disability?

The least you could do is show some respect. :rolleyes:

Has anyone got into contact with the modder responsible for the bear mod? If some spiders need to be changed it shouldn't be too hard for the original modder to fix this.

Bears may be more dangerous (at least comparatively since spiders are tiny creatures in the real world) but there is nothing rational about a phobia.

People can face mild phobias, I for one can face spiders as long as I don't have to be in direct contact with them but they utterly disgust me and make my flesh crawl and I can only imagine what it's like for the OP.

Let me remind you that in more extreme cases people have been known to get heart attacks so this is no laughing matter.

Would people make fun of someone with severe claustrophobia? I think not.

Spiders creep me out, Cockroaches even more so, Crowds of people make me run away and hide and Clowns scare the s*** out of me.

I know what a phobia is and personally I have found that turning that phobia into a joke and poking fun at it helps me immensely in dealing with it.

A wise man once said that courage is nothing more than being in fear and holding on one second longer.

Face that spider and make fun of it, make it seem less than what it is, imagine squashing it under foot, anything really but face it and stare that hoe down. I have done my level best to not let my phobias rule my life,

no digital spider will stop me and the last time I met digital clowns I left them staked to a wall (Painkiller rocks).

Letting an irrational fear rule your life is the wrong way of thinking and only leads to a self defeating attitude to life.

Edited by Pixelfrog1